icantaffordcycling's 1x Allez Sprint

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

AnkitS

by AnkitS

New wheels (LightBicycle AR56 to i9 hubs), Rotors (XTR MT900 140/140), and finished it off with a SRAM Red 1190 Cassette (11-32)

I will update with complete weight when I get the chance to weigh it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

When do you plan on stripping the frame and making it an S Works?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 pm
New wheels (LightBicycle AR56 to i9 hubs), Rotors (XTR MT900 140/140), and finished it off with a SRAM Red 1190 Cassette (11-32)
great looking bike.. I like that you put the XTR rotors on. I did the same on my Diverge and my teammate just did the same on his Venge. They look so much better than DA rotors, IMO

MountainAddict

by MountainAddict

Bike looks good now with the shallower wheels and black tires. I like the look of the Campy rotors better than the DA or XTR, but that's personal preference. I'd ditch the gold chain as well.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

MountainAddict wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:31 pm
Bike looks good now with the shallower wheels and black tires. I like the look of the Campy rotors better than the DA or XTR, but that's personal preference. I'd ditch the gold chain as well.
Yeah I'm not spending that much on a chain again, probably just a regular xtr/da chain when I wear this one out. The Campy rotors did not work out for me.

Need to figure out bottle cages and a chainring that looks good. Maybe the carbino version of the boost (122g vs 208g) but not sure if I can justify the weight savings with that price.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Cages = Mandibles
Chain = DA
Chainring: Whatever baby size you need that isn't AB

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Pretty much rehauling my entire ideology on fit. The hardest thing for me has been getting my knee over the pedal spindle. This is contrary to what I have done in the past by slamming my saddle forward and adopting a "TT" like bike fit. This led to a lack of confidence while descending because my weight was all towards the front of the bike and it was awkward to switch positions. With this bike, I worked with my fitter to make sure two things happened: 1. I was sitting on the entire saddle, not just on the edge. 2. Get my knee over the pedal spindle, this resulted in slamming my saddle all the way back. Both of these things worked in combination with a curved lower back which resulted in a super short reach. I have the "lance hump" similar to what RD has on his TT bike.
Basically what I am trying to do now is still have my pelvis rotated like before, but also move everything back from what I had on previous fits. I need to find a narrow saddle with a large "curve" that will allow me to flatten my lower back. I rotated my boost to 8 degrees pointing downwards or so and the difference is already noticeable. My entire back has flattened out and my reach has increased. I am using a 120mm stem now instead of the 90mm I had before. Now it also feels like I can't get low enough, which is a good thing.
Just some thoughts and observations that I need feedback on, didn't know where else to put them.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Just to clarify... old fit was saddle all the way forward w/ 90mm stem and now you're all the back with 120mm stem?

without seeing some pics of you on the bike, its very hard to give any sort of fit evaluation... and even with pics, I'd say any of us evaluating fit based on a few static pics should be taken with a grain of salt. It sounds like you're going in the right direction with a quality fitter though.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Aite so I crashed my shit and now my goal is to make my bike as ugly and heavy as possible:
Coming changes:
Enve Stem + integrated mount --> Zipp stem + k edge combo mount
Selle Italia SLR Boost --> SMP KRYT3
Blue fact 8r fork --> Black fact 10r fork
ENVE Aero 40cm Bars --> Specialized Short Shallow 36cm Bars --> Nitto B135AA-SSB???
9170 Levers --> 8070 Levers
Velox Cotton Bar Tape --> Supacaz Bar Tape??
Schwalbe Pro One TLE --> GP5000s

Hopefully, everything showed up at the shop today so I can race this weekend. The fork will be replaced at the same time I get the nittos which will be further down the line.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:26 pm
Aite so I crashed my shit and now my goal is to make my bike as ugly and heavy as possible:
Sucks... what happened?

djnzt48

by djnzt48

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:26 pm
Blue fact 8r fork --> Black fact 10r fork
Did you managed to get a replacement fork?
Specialized Allez Sprint 2020