Gurk's Specialized Tarmac SL4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gurk700

by gurk700

Will add details as I go. Definitely not gonna be a weight weenie bike.
I wanted something that I enjoy, rides well but especially something I can air travel with or leave in a parked car when I'm at a camping trip etc without having anxiety about it.

Just put it together today. It's almost annoying that something that costs 1/10th (minus wheels) as my S-Works rides this well. Put a smile on my face the moment I started pedaling. Though it was just a "gear check" ride.
Will ride it more extensively tomorrow.

7.40kg as seen in photo without bottle cages or computer mount.

Gonna need to swap in a 40cm handlebar and a 100mm stem instead of the 42, 90 (gonna go cheap alloy for both) and possibly another saddle. Thinking a lowend Spesh Romin.
Bike is dark blue. I'm considering white saddle and bar tape. Yay? Nay?

tmchen

by tmchen

White is good. Adds a bit more accent to the bike but those get dirty really easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velov

by velov

gurk700 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:25 am
Just put it together today. It's almost annoying that something that costs 1/10th (minus wheels) as my S-Works rides this well. Put a smile on my face the moment I started pedaling.
Bike is dark blue. I'm considering white saddle and bar tape. Yay? Nay?
Totally, it's not even 80/20 but 95/5 in my book. A "lower end" frame with top end components is the way to go.

I would definitely do the white bar tape. Just don't get a tacky/high grip one, those get dirty very quickly. Something like Fizik classic works decently well, and if you wear gloves it doesn't really make that much of a difference in grip.

Antoine22

by Antoine22

Do you have any update ? Ride quality, weight or just picture ? :-)

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

How are the wheels?