Seven Evergreen SL Gravel Bike 1 x Red AXS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

solarider

by solarider

The latest iteration of my Seven Evergreen. Started out life as a disc early adopter with a 135mm QR rear end and mechanical post mount brakes with Campagnolo. Had it rebuilt by Seven with a flat mount 142 thru axle rear to keep it current and installed 1st generation ETap.

After months of collecting and planning, I have now taken the plunge with 1x. Actually these days this is my only road bike. The high volume, low pressure tyres work beautifully on the rough Surrey Hills roads. I no longer race so the 1 x jumps are proving perfect.

I have had everything except the chainring for months and Wolftooth finally came up trumps this week when the first Flat Top rings rolled off their production line.

Other than allowing me to run 1 x because of the ratios and clutch rear mech, the new ETap AXS is not massively different in performance to the previous. Other than colour, the brakes are identical. There are some small but significant differences though. The texture on the shift paddles is nice. The rounded edges on the rotors is a marked safety improvement. XDr means no more notched freehub bodies.

All up weight is 7.9kgs which for a large metal gravel bike is pretty good, and somehow it feels lighter than the weight and rolls better than the tyres might suggest. Seven really know their stuff.

Frame - Seven Evergreen SL
Fork - ENVE G Series
Headset - Chris King Inset 7 (black)
Chainset - Cane Creek EE Wings (175mm, Cane Creek 110BCD spider, 40T Wolftooth Chainring)
Bottom Bracket - Chris King Threadfit 30
Pedals - Look Keo Carbon Titanium
Rear Derailleur - SRAM Red AXS
Shifters - SRAM Red AXS HRD
Brakes - SRAM Red AXS HRD
Chain - SRAM Red AXS
Cassette - SRAM Red AXS (10 / 33)
Hubs - Chris King R45 Disc (32 hole)
Rims - ENVE XC clincher (32 hole)
Spokes - Sapim CX Ray
Tyres - Panaracer Gravel King (38mm)
Stem - ENVE (110mm)
Bars - Fizik Cyrano 00 Bull (420mm)
Seatpost - ENVE
Saddle - Fizik Arione 00
Bottle Cages - King Titanium
Grip - Fizik Supertacky 2mm

There is finally sight of Eagle AXS being available as components soon, so I can also finish its sister.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

:shock: :shock: :shock:
My god, those are some of the nicest Ti bikes I've seen. Respect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

That’s a nice family you have there. :thumbup:
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

When one set of EE wings just isn’t enough . . .

solarider

by solarider

2 is enough. 3 would be too much!

Just back from the first ride and a few observations.

AXS is subtly improved in almost every way. Nothing massive individually but the sum of the parts is impressive:

1) the texture on the shift paddles is a little bit more tactile
2) it is a little bit quicker and quieter
3) the smooth edges on the rotors are a little bit safer
4) the clutch rear mech eradicates chain slap entirely. Combined with the large tyres the ride is eerily quiet and comfortable even over very rough roads. And to think we used to think that 19mm tyres at 150psi were fast!
5) 1 x is definitely enough and the extremeties of the cassette cause no excess drag or noise. The jumps between gears were not nearly as noticeable as I had imagined.
6) although I have used the EE wings on the mountain bike, there is so much else ‘going on’ that it was hard to rate them, but on the road they are perceivably stiffer than the 1st gen Etap Red I was running

Altogether, I couldn’t be happier. I wish they had just upgraded 11 speed with some software because the shifters and brakes are really not different, but this is an impressive groupset and Dura Ace is (for the moment at least) playing catch up in my eyes. I am sure that will change in a few weeks though.......

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Nice bikes and thanks for the ride reports.

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

i can look at that crank all day

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com