Supersix Evo Disc 2017

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stalepigeon

by stalepigeon

Hello all!

New to the forum thought I'd introduce my bike. It's pretty much bog standard apart from the Zipp sl stem and gp4000s. I got this from Tri UK back in November and have been riding it through the winter till now. It is my second road bike and first 'proper' bike after a brief stint with a Btwin ultra 700af (had to make sure I was into this whole cycling thing, which I sure am now)

I'm aware the bike may seem a bit small for me but it was such a good price I figured I could make it work. Have a couple niggles but I still havent been for a fit yet. Can you get frontal knee pain from poor form on the bike? ie. peddaling overly toe down?

Rider stats:
height - 172cm
weight - circa 63kg

Bike measurements:
frame size - 50cm
weight - 8.5kg (havent checked myself)
saddle hight from bb - 72.5cm
reach (from center of seatpost to center of bars) - 64.5cm
saddle bar drop - 8.5cm
Attachments
IMG_20190610_182226~2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gary71

by Gary71

Welcome Staelpigeon.
It's impossible to tell if you will be able to make this bike work. Total height doesn't determine the right bike size. It's more about your body morphology. The best investment you can make for a new cyclist would be to spend some $ on a professional bike fit. If you think about thousands of rotations every time your go out and ride - its worth the investment to know you're bio machanically fitted correctly.
At the very worst- you will know your numbers. Seat and handlebar stack and reach positions......, armed with these numbers your use bike stack and reach calculators to different bikes and sizes that fit you.
Your second challange will be finding a quality bike fitter. Ask around differnt cycling clubs and they will have a name for you.
Good luck and welcome aboard :beerchug:

stalepigeon

by stalepigeon

Cheers Gary!

I've been doing some research on fitters around my area. (London, so there's almost too much choice) but I took my bike in to swift cycles when I was enquiring there. One of the staff said just by looking me up and down that he'd probably put me on a 52 over a 50. Either way looking at geometry charts there isn't too much between the two. I guess I'll know more after the fit. Thanks for the input and for the welcome!

nickcube

by nickcube

Welcome dude!

I've got pretty similar measurements to you, 172cm, my inseam is 82cm and saddle height is 713mm from the bb center. I've got a Supersix Evo rim in a 52cm, slammed with a 120mm -6deg stem on it which has been just perfect for me.

IMO I agree that a bike fit would be pretty helpful for someone new, especially when dealing with cleat positions and saddle postions, but otherwise you'll defintely be able to make the 50cm fit. Doing stretches, allowing you more flexibility will help you out tonnes, too, particularly with your back. I wouldn't stress too much, you'll definitely be able to make it fit though.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

nickcube wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:02 am
Welcome dude!

I've got pretty similar measurements to you, 172cm, my inseam is 82cm and saddle height is 713mm from the bb center. I've got a Supersix Evo rim in a 52cm, slammed with a 120mm -6deg stem on it which has been just perfect for me.

IMO I agree that a bike fit would be pretty helpful for someone new, especially when dealing with cleat positions and saddle postions, but otherwise you'll defintely be able to make the 50cm fit. Doing stretches, allowing you more flexibility will help you out tonnes, too, particularly with your back. I wouldn't stress too much, you'll definitely be able to make it fit though.

+1 , bigger here - 178cm but with a 81.5 inseam and a 72.5cm saddle height on all 3 bikes I ride, one of them is a 54cm Supersix Evo as you can see in my signature. A bike fit could help you but don't take to big steps in one time and think it's okay. It took me a few seasons with tuning a bit - find the right setback and saddle hight for my comfort.

BTW you have got a great bike :thumbup: