Giant Propel Advanced SL 14"

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

minjoo7701

by minjoo7701

Hi Guys!

Let me introduce my old friend the Giant Propel Advanced SL 14" with clear coated version.
I've already been riding with it for nearly 4 years. Since ive got this, i couldnt find any other bike which could catch my eyes. :D

So I recently decided to give some treatment myself and bike.
The drive train upgraded from Ultegra 6800 to Dura 9100 crank + Red eTap 11spd.

I didn't interest into the bike weight as i have an aero bike, And the reason to go for electric drivetrain was that the model of propel has huge issue at the front shifting which i could not solve the massive registance at triggering. I guess it's because of the cable route guide in frame was originally not exist.

but after the upgraded, I surprisingly found out that my bike actually has possiblity to go under 7kg! 8)
I just marked 7.0kg with alu-clincher wheelset and still a ult 6800 sprocket is on the rear wheel. And noticed that the steel rail saddle might be the best part which has huge potential to get rid of some weight. (at least 100g!)

I seem like got a mission to get 6.x kg bike. so that i'm planning to change couple of parts.
hope i could show my bike again with better looking to you guys.

thx for your interests! have a nice ride. :)

p.s, If you have some idea for diet my bike, please let me know xD
Attachments
IMG-0914.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

First off, beautiful bike!

What is the wheelset? I would do a breakdown of your bike and then you'll start to see where you have "give" in the build to lower weight, but the weight it is now isn't anything to scoff at. Good job!

minjoo7701

by minjoo7701

wolfesquire wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:17 pm
First off, beautiful bike!

What is the wheelset? I would do a breakdown of your bike and then you'll start to see where you have "give" in the build to lower weight, but the weight it is now isn't anything to scoff at. Good job!
Haha thank you for your advice! The wheelset is Giant slr wheels. 15s model :)