Emonda ALR Disk Purple Flip

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

2019 Trek Emonda Purple Flip. 7.85kg (with Wahoo mount, pedals and bottle cages)
Ultegra DI2
Dura Ace Power Chainset with Absoloute Black Chainrings
FFWD F4D F4D Wheelset
GP5000 Tubless Tyres
Fizik Cyrano R1 stem and 00 Seat Post
Fizik Antares VS EVO 00 saddle
Bontrager XXX Aero Bars
SwissStop 140mm Rotors.
Time XPro 10 pedals.

Looking to swap the wheel axles out to something lighter and then see what else can be done to get it closer to 7.5kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hlvd

by hlvd

Lovely bike, how did you route the di2 wires along the downtube?

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

Its internal on the main downtube then pops out under the BB, from there the front mech cables is cable tied to the seat tube where it leads to the front mech. Then for the rear mech i placed a peice of brake cable along the chainstay external cable guides and then heat shrinked the DI2 cable to so it routes neatly to the rear mechanism. Added a few extra grams but only a couple id imagine and it looks neat enough.

kytyree

by kytyree

That's sharp, lovely frame. How's it ride?

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

Its fantastic, i can feel the aditional weight over my old rim brake carbon emonda but it still manages to feel as fast.

I would say that its suprisingly comfortable too, i think this also is aided by the wheels that seem to have a little more flex than i would of liked them to of but overall i am extreamly pleased, considering this frame is £800 at RRP its mind blowing really when you stack it up against others

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nice bike. I appreciate that this is a new acquisition for you, budget considerations, etc., but the set up suggests other frames might be better suited to your body type. You obviously like or need it long and low. You would be a perfect candidate for Trek's H1 geometry or similarly aggressive geometry from another manufacturer. The negative rise stem combined with that sloping top tube is not the best look. Add in the oval chainrings and the whole thing starts to get a Salvador Dali feel to it. Something to think about for future purchases.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

What's the tire clearance for this frame? Can it fit 30mm tire?

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Adore the colour but man that huge headtube & negative rise stem look horrendous!

MiloAS

by MiloAS

I quite like the tall headtube/negative stem, think it looks pretty cool!

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

Easily get 30mm tyres in there.

I think the photo makes the headline look bigger than it actually is. In real life it looks very normal.

Yep all to aware of the H1 trek fit bikes or more aggressive race bikes but they are all a good £2300 more and I can’t justify that expenditure when this is so good.

hlvd

by hlvd

PlumzRichard wrote:Easily get 30mm tyres in there.

I think the photo makes the headline look bigger than it actually is. In real life it looks very normal.

Yep all to aware of the H1 trek fit bikes or more aggressive race bikes but they are all a good £2300 more and I can’t justify that expenditure when this is so good.
You’re right, I’ve an ALR and an SL and there’s not much in it to be honest, can’t comment on an SLR though as I’ve never ridden one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Astonishing bike :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stuifesin

by Stuifesin

@PlumzRichard: What is the size off the frame?

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

54 frame size, i am 5ft 11 and its a great fit.

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

PlumzRichard wrote:Easily get 30mm tyres in there.

Do you think this tire size would clear the fork crown? Looks pretty tight in there.
What tires are you currently using up front?

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com