Merlin Inferno – with a little bit of yellow

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Konsi

by Konsi

It is the first birthday of my Merlin Inferno this week, and I have done some updates over the last weeks, hence it was time for some new photos. Also had the chance to ride with a photographer colleague, so there are some action shots as well.

What has changed since last year May?
- 11-32 cassette in the back, there are too many steep roads in the alps (and I participated in the NatureMAN in the Gorge du Verdon
- Oval chainrings from Absolute Black instead of the regular FSA
- Expander from Schmolke
- Road pedals from Time to replace the Shimano-MTB
- Powermeter (left side only) from 4iiii
- Saddle is now a Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow in carbon (I hope the saddle clamp will avoid slippage)

All in all lost about 300g with the updates.

The bike saw about 7500km of usage in one year, it would have been more had I not broken my leg in October. I had plans for three triathlons (Half-Ironman, Ironman, Alpe d'Huez), the Etape du Tour, Alpenbrevet, and Tour des Stations for this year, but it seems unlikely any of those will go ahead.

After a bike fit, the seat height is 76cm, with a 14.5cm bar drop.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Stunning photos as always! I love the yellow accents with the matt black frame. Just the amount of pop without being overbearing.

Where did you go for your bike fit?

by Weenie

Konsi

by Konsi

iamraymond wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:44 pm
Stunning photos as always! I love the yellow accents with the matt black frame. Just the amount of pop without being overbearing.

Where did you go for your bike fit?
Bcyclet in Plan-les-Ouates. I did some photography work for them, and sometimes helped out as ride leader, and got a fit and some other bike things in return.

87D9BE9E-2B00-4936-8EFA-84AA19C040FF.jpeg

fiti

by fiti

Amazing color and beautiful build. Indeed great photography!
fiti

kgt

by kgt

Lovely bike

Konsi

by Konsi

After my bicycle was stolen, and eventually recovered (read the whole story here: http://konstantinkleine.de/essays/2020/ ... road-bike/ ), I had to convert it to road bike configuration for the Chasing Cancellara in early July.

The weight is now at exactly 8.05kg, including 73g for the front light (without the battery pack), pedals, bottle cages, and the front mount for Garmin & Light from Rotor. That was pretty much my goal in the beginning.

Serkie

by Serkie

Great bike, AMAZING photos.

Enjoy!

Maddie

by Maddie

That shot in the rain is pure drama. Fan-tas-tic!!

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I just read your blog about your bike getting stolen and your adventures to recover it. Reading about the bike theft makes my blood boil. Hope someday someone cuts offs the hands those thieves.

You’re a great story teller btw.