Trek Edmonda ALR 2019 Purple Flip

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tmchen

by tmchen

After riding my under sized Ti bike for the last few years, I decided to upgrade the frame after trying out the Edmonda at the LBS.

Frame: Edmonda ALR 56
Stem: Deda Zero100 90mm
Handlebar: RHM02 42(c-c).
Seatpost: debadged 3T Ionic 0mm setback
Wheelset: Token C50
Groupset: Campagnolo Chorus pre2015

Total weight is 7.62kg.

Future plans: lighter carbon seatpost, tubolito tubes (aiming for under 7.5kg) and lighter rider weight Image

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Looking great, I love the purple flip color!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timvanderaa

by timvanderaa

nice to see another Purple flip!
Attachments
IMG_8727.JPG

saverin

by saverin

Let's start a Campagnolo Purple Flip club?

Mine is still under construction....requires some electrician work to complete.
IMG_0699.jpg
Update: Finsihed....just need to dial in the brakes and wrap the bars.
IMG_0778.jpg
Last edited by saverin on Thu May 16, 2019 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmchen

by tmchen

Maybe I should change the thread title? Lol.

tmchen

by tmchen

saverin wrote:Let's start a Campagnolo Purple Flip club?

Mine is still under construction....requires some electrician work to complete.
IMG_0699.jpg
Update: Finsihed....just need to dial in the brakes and wrap the bars.
IMG_0778.jpg
Looks great! How’s the weight?

saverin

by saverin

Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet, but the math says its around 7.15kg without pedals and cages. Heres the bike after getting it fully built.
IMG_0883.jpg
I've come across a bit of a problem with the frame though....maybe some of you can let me know if you've had similar issues. The .gif below shows how the FD mount rivets have come loose. Initiated contact with Trek...hope I hear back soon.

https://i.imgur.com/d9jkpF3.mp4

Here's how I ended up routing the RD and FD cables for EPS derailleurs. FD required cutting the FD wire and threading through hollowed-out bolt and soldering back together, which you can see in the .gif above.....makes this warranty process even more of a PITA. Wish me luck...
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0709.jpg

tmchen

by tmchen

That’s quite bad. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Update: Just changed my seat post and saddle to bring the total weight down to 7.5kg.

Selle Italia/3T -> Astute Star Lab VT/ Chinese carbon seatpost.

The new saddle is actually heavier but it should provide more comfort as it is wider.

tmchen

by tmchen

saverin wrote:Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet, but the math says its around 7.15kg without pedals and cages. Heres the bike after getting it fully built.
IMG_0883.jpg
I've come across a bit of a problem with the frame though....maybe some of you can let me know if you've had similar issues. The .gif below shows how the FD mount rivets have come loose. Initiated contact with Trek...hope I hear back soon.

Here's how I ended up routing the RD and FD cables for EPS derailleurs. FD required cutting the FD wire and threading through hollowed-out bolt and soldering back together, which you can see in the .gif above.....makes this warranty process even more of a PITA. Wish me luck...
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0709.jpg
Did you get the FD mount sorted?

I’m getting itchy thinking of ways to bring mine down to the 7kg mark with a small budget.

saverin

by saverin

tmchen wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:53 am
saverin wrote:Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet, but the math says its around 7.15kg without pedals and cages. Heres the bike after getting it fully built.

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0714.jpgIMG_0709.jpg
Did you get the FD mount sorted?

I’m getting itchy thinking of ways to bring mine down to the 7kg mark with a small budget.

I did, but the mechanic slipped with the power drill while drilling out old rivet and gouged the frame. :roll:

The service dept at the LBS is fronting the cost for a replacement frame, which is still on order so I haven't been riding the purple bike since.....not to mention my EPS wont accept a charge now. Hoping it's just a loose connection and not something worse like a knicked wire or pooched power unit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com