Pinarello Dogma F8 inGamba born

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

A few parts have stumbled in .....

Image


Image


Image


Image

by Weenie


KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

I'd like to try some Veloflex Vlaanderen tubular tires that measure 27mm on my F8, the tire looks to fit the frame but not the brakes. So I tried a few brakes, Campy Record 11 and Record 12 both do not have enuf clearance but the Pina Most brakes do. A few photos for ya with a Veloflex Vlaanderen 27mm tubular rear tire. Note that the Record 12 and the Most brakes both have a screw you can turn to open up the brakes, the Record 12 gets wider but not taller, the Most gets wider and taller ! The Pina Most breaks weigh 295g.

Image

Image

Image

bruno2000
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:11 pm

by bruno2000

Performance of the Most brakes, which are propably some kind of TRP or something (Miche has the same in their range) will be far less than the Campagnolo calipers.
Try to adjust the 12spd brakes with the screws at the size of the brakearms.

KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

bruno2000 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:49 am
Performance of the Most brakes, which are propably some kind of TRP or something (Miche has the same in their range) will be far less than the Campagnolo calipers.
Try to adjust the 12spd brakes with the screws at the size of the brakearms.
Note that the Record 12 have a screw you can turn to open up the brakes, the Record 12 gets wider but not taller.

.

KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

Test fit with new parts, seatpost, saddle, -12 stem and bars..........

Dang, the drops on these Deda SuperZero bars look longgggg to me.

Image

Image

oldturd
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:10 am

by oldturd

what stem is that Karl?

survivor
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:08 pm

by survivor

Is that a stock Pinarello seat post? Looks a bit different.

MichaelK
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:50 pm

by MichaelK

KarlC wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Dang, the drops on these Deda SuperZero bars look longgggg to me.
The branding is even worse. SUP ERO. :noidea:

Sand that off and cut the drops down slightly?

User avatar
PinaRene
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm

by PinaRene

MichaelK wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:37 pm
KarlC wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Dang, the drops on these Deda SuperZero bars look longgggg to me.
The branding is even worse. SUP ERO. :noidea:

Sand that off and cut the drops down slightly?
Lovely Gamba Pina ..

Sanding the Logo off is impossible because the handlebar is not gloss but matt. Tried it myself ( with both the gloss as also the matt handlebar ) the gloss came out fine with grid 1200 and polishing after sanding. Tried the logo's on the side of the matt handlebar - and it was terrible, not worth trying the top logo.

Gloss handlebar - removed logo's and matt handlebar with logo.

Image
Image

And the drops are long ?? This is how it looks on my other bike.

Image

CrankAddictsRich
Posts: 1692
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm
Contact:

by CrankAddictsRich

I'm not really a huge fan of Pinarello's, but that looks great. I'm sure it wil be a cool build and what a cool story.

KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

oldturd wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 pm
what stem is that Karl?
FSA -12 degree

survivor wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:10 pm
Is that a stock Pinarello seat post? Looks a bit different.
No its not stock

MichaelK wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:37 pm
KarlC wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Dang, the drops on these Deda SuperZero bars look longgggg to me.
The branding is even worse. SUP ERO. :noidea:

Sand that off and cut the drops down slightly?

Yea its a bit odd I have another set of SuperZero bars with different logos I may use.

.

oldturd
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:10 am

by oldturd

KarlC wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:15 am
oldturd wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 pm
what stem is that Karl?
FSA -12 degree
thanks! how do you find the stiffness? i know from browsing that dudemanppl uses it too

survivor
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:08 pm

by survivor

KarlC wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:15 am
survivor wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:10 pm
Is that a stock Pinarello seat post? Looks a bit different.
No its not stock
What seat post is that and where to get it?

KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

survivor wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:22 pm
KarlC wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:15 am
survivor wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:10 pm
Is that a stock Pinarello seat post? Looks a bit different.
No its not stock
What seat post is that and where to get it?
I wanted to try a 0 offset seatpost but could not find one localy so I order a Hylix one off ebay to try. You can read good things on Hylix products here on WWs, so far the quality looks good and the finish matches the Berk clamp and naked parts of the frame well.

.

KarlC
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am
Location: San Diego Ca USA

by KarlC

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:48 am
I'm not really a huge fan of Pinarello's, but that looks great. I'm sure it wil be a cool build and what a cool story.
Im far from a Specialized fan, but your bikes are all droolworthy 4 sure


oldturd wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:48 am
KarlC wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:15 am
oldturd wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:52 pm
what stem is that Karl?
FSA -12 degree
thanks! how do you find the stiffness? i know from browsing that dudemanppl uses it too
Ive not had any issues for the FSA -12, once the logos are removed they look and work great.

.

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post