Pinarello Dogma F8 inGamba born 6.34kg / 13.9lbs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

Not to sure how this one is going to work out but, I thought this was a cool F8 with a bit of a unique upbringing as it started life as an inGamba bike.

InGamba puts on bike tours, their web site says .....

Ever wondered what your perfect day on the bike would look like? We did too.
InGamba was born from a desire to combine the world's best cycling with the most delicious local food and wine. We've made that dream a reality – and now we want to share it with you.

https://ingamba.pro/

They sell packages where you can fly to a destination and pick up your new bike to ride there, then bring it home after your trip. I'm guessing that's how this F8 made its way into the USA.

I got just the frame set and will build it up, some mock up photos.......

Last edited by KarlC on Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

More info added, but this build will go on the slower side.

I need see what stem and bars I want for the best look and to dial in the fit.

Also it will be my 1st time on Campy EPS and I'd like to find a way to hide the interface.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I think your best option is to just use some Gorilla double sided tape and mount the interface under the stem. You want to be able to be able to see the lights when you're setting things up and zeroing things in, and to see what the charge level is like, etc. Easy access will be appreciated down the road, not to mention easy access to the charge port. Since this picture was taken a K-Edge computer mount was added using the two mounting screws under the stem, and the control unit was moved a bit further out, between the two mounting bolts under the computer mount bracket.

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Seriously they make the best colorways at ingamba. Loved them all since 65.1 and now to F12.

I think you should go with the most talon handlebar, in Real life it’s dead sexy.

What wheels is going on this beauty?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

At one of our hotels in the Dolomites, the inGamba group was also present. Yes the best hotels and the best food and wine. Nice bikes too - it was neat to see so many indentical Pinas lined up in the garage. Professional mechanics taking care of everything. What was most interesting was how few of the riders were well suited to the bikes. Quite a few flipped stems and chubby guys coming back from short rides looking destroyed.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

KarlC

by KarlC

Calnago wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:50 pm
I think your best option is to just use some Gorilla double sided tape and mount the interface under the stem. You want to be able to be able to see the lights when you're setting things up and zeroing things in, and to see what the charge level is like, etc. Easy access will be appreciated down the road, not to mention easy access to the charge port. Since this picture was taken a K-Edge computer mount was added using the two mounting screws under the stem, and the control unit was moved a bit further out, between the two mounting bolts under the computer mount bracket.
Thx for the input Cal you are always on point.

I am thinking of doing somthing more custom to hide the interface and still having ez access, if I have the time and can make it work.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:51 pm
What was most interesting was how few of the riders were well suited to the bikes. Quite a few flipped stems and chubby guys coming back from short rides looking destroyed.
Welcome to the wonderful world of high end group cycling. The only time I every got really terrified on a bike was when the Trek Tours group was descending the other way, and Waffas not much better.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

KarlC wrote: I got just the frame set and will build it up, some mock up photos.......

Seems like most manufacturers need to talk to these guys to get some lessons in good paint jobs and tasteful color combos!!

nismosr

by nismosr

KarlC wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Also it will be my 1st time on Campy EPS and I'd like to find a way to hide the interface.

Karlc no of hiding the interface since the charging port is there too, Cal's picture is how I mount my V3 and V2 interface.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

KarlC

by KarlC

nismosr wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:38 pm
KarlC wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Karlc no of hiding the interface since the charging port is there too, Cal's picture is how I mount my V3 and V2 interface.
Im hoping I can hide it with some small custom work to the V3 interface and the part I mount it to, we will see.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Nejmann wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:58 pm
Seriously they make the best colorways at ingamba. Loved them all since 65.1 and now to F12.

I think you should go with the most talon handlebar, in Real life it’s dead sexy.

What wheels is going on this beauty?
Wheels for now will be my Easton Aero 55 tubulars that are 28mm wide with 27mm tubulars as this is on only aero set of wheels I have right now.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Seedster

by Seedster

I mount mine under the stem as most do. That said, if you have find an ambitious mechanic with electronics skills and a 3D printer, I am sure they can whip you a bar end junction solution or swap to a mini usb interface. I was considering doing the same. Would be interested in seing your solution.

KarlC

by KarlC

Mr.Gib wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:51 pm
At one of our hotels in the Dolomites, the inGamba group was also present. Yes the best hotels and the best food and wine. Nice bikes too - it was neat to see so many indentical Pinas lined up in the garage. Professional mechanics taking care of everything. What was most interesting was how few of the riders were well suited to the bikes. Quite a few flipped stems and chubby guys coming back from short rides looking destroyed.

Id love to do one of these trips, but for me it will just be the San Diego coast, without the flipped stems and chubby guy.

Not yet anyway.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Great pictures~!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com