Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

welchy

by welchy

Looks awesome man, totally agree with your bunched up note and the stem length

bespoke

by bespoke

They are big numbers!
What’s your saddle height? Agreed you look bunched up there, but sometimes camera angles can make things look weird
I always think I am quite skinny and get my photos from the etape and cant believe how fat my arms look. LOL
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

bespoke wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 pm
They are big numbers!
What’s your saddle height? Agreed you look bunched up there, but sometimes camera angles can make things look weird
I always think I am quite skinny and get my photos from the etape and cant believe how fat my arms look. LOL
Cheers mate.

I'm generally around 765mm, but have been playing around a little. I find 775mm a little too high and I can't put as much power down. Yet 755 is too low but power output is essentially the same as 765mm. I'm running 172.5mm cranks with cleats all the way forward.

I used to run a -12º 120mm on my last S5, this is currently -6º & 110mm. Picking up the 130mm tomorrow, hopefully it'll sort out my position since changing the stem on this requires a full cockpit breakdown and bleeding of both brakes :roll:

Just for info, the 110mm stem weighs 126.5g:

SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

exctasy

by exctasy

ryanw wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Had a local road bike TT this weekend.

Came second by 7s behind my teammate, took 67s off last years time and PB'd power numbers across the board (388w AP for 23:52), really happy.

Bike was on point, seriosuly loving it. One change I'm making is going from a 110mm stem to a 130mm. You can see in the second pic that I'm a bit cramped up. The 110 is fine for general riding, but not the best fit when needing to be fast!

Looking good!

bespoke

by bespoke

I should know this; but stem is -6, so if you go from 110 to 130 effective bar stack goes up?
I should be on a 58, but currently playing around with a 56 and a saddle height of 815! Thing feels LOW at the front - love it
I believe 56 comes with 100mm as stock, so if I was to keep bike would go 120 at least
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I wish Cervelo would make a lower stem for this thing, it'd be a lot prettier. The stem is way lighter than I figured though, although it does seem to be missing like 6 bolts which probably accounts for ~20g?

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

bespoke wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm
I should know this; but stem is -6, so if you go from 110 to 130 effective bar stack goes up?
I should be on a 58, but currently playing around with a 56 and a saddle height of 815! Thing feels LOW at the front - love it
I believe 56 comes with 100mm as stock, so if I was to keep bike would go 120 at least
Unfortunately I believe that is correct. The stem remians at 6º but increases in reach by 20mm, so stack increases too.

Annoyingly I need a new Di2 wire before I can try it out, so shall be hunting SW London's bike shops for one first thing in the morning.

FYI: 130mm stem - 138.7g (+12.2g over 110mm).

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Added the 130mm stem and now my position is much better (race pics are approaching a roundabout, so can't really see). Added 12g so bike now 7,460g...

Had to replace all brake lines due to the longer stem and no extra length in the existing hoses, proper ballache!

Stripped it down and gave it a full service at the same time. Just had my man cave delivered too, so been setting that up.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

You need longer socks :shock:

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Has anyone seen what one looks like with a regular stem?

I imagine a enve aero stem would look fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

DartanianX wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:56 pm
Has anyone seen what one looks like with a regular stem?

I imagine a enve aero stem would look fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont think that is possible... look at the front end again..especially the fork
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

You can buy an adapter which allows the bike to be used with a traditional stem and bars, but for me, that kind of defeats the object of the design.

I'm yet to see how it looks in real life, but I won't be changing. The stiffness of the cockpit is magnificent and fills a heavy sprinter with confidence.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

No real updates on the bike, I've essentially maxxed it out so will just be playing with position, tyres and buying new kit.

However, I've had an annoying issue with a squeaky seat post, have tried everything from electrical tape, carbon paste, MB Aqua Paste, still there. I even went and bought a £200 calibrated torque wrench to make sure everything was as it should be.

Anyway, after another inspection, the post actually has a crack in it so will be pursuing a warranty claim and hope a new post sorts this once and for all...

I've been slowly upgrading the man cave, it now has Wi-Fi, CCTV, new flooring and slowly taking shape. Was tired of constantly going in tool boxes, so put up a tool wall and now content(ish) with my inner OCD geek...

KCookie

by KCookie

The screw drivers are in the wrong position. Phillips and flat heads are mixed, that's already getting my ocd going. 😀

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Organized tool walls are really nice, but they do not help at all if you've got large parts bins in semi-organized state all over the place :D

Where exactly did your seatpost crack?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike