A very 'Gay' Tarmac......6Kg ;-) Final build pics pg3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Yeah I got is from a belgian dealer with a nice discount and bought it together with a Tarmac SL6 disc Sagan edition.
Riding experience is zero for the moment due to a busy schedule with work and kids.
But yeah...it's allready cool and fun looking at it.

chiltonp

by chiltonp

Just ordered one from my dealer as well. He gave me an insane price, I guess 2018 discount with a team deal on top of that.

I'll be building it with 6870 di2 and slowly moving everything to Dura Ace along with Roval CL50s. My question is aesthetically how would a gold chain look and maybe the black supacaz tape with neon stars? Too much color or just right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

chiltonp wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm
Just ordered one from my dealer as well. He gave me an insane price, I guess 2018 discount with a team deal on top of that.

I'll be building it with 6870 di2 and slowly moving everything to Dura Ace along with Roval CL50s. My question is aesthetically how would a gold chain look and maybe the black supacaz tape with neon stars? Too much color or just right?
IMO you should keep the build as clean (black) possible knowing the frame colors allready give a lot of bling bling.
I think the frame stands out the most if you throw on components with less color, like black bartape, wheels as black as possible with black tyres, normal silver chain, black saddle, black bottle cages...

But hey...everybody is free to build their dreambike as he wants and too much fluo never killed anybody (as far as I know)

Lig

by Lig

hi all,

Just back from a week in Mallorca, where I put some good miles on the S-Works....

It rides really well. It is nice and comfy as you get a good bit of flex in the seatpost, but without compromising any stiffness \ power transfer. It climbs beautifully, but this has got to be beause of the low overall weight and the LW's, as these wheels really are something else IMHO and cannot be beaten!!. It descends well and you can really throw it into the corners.... All in all a really nice light, responsive package! It rides just as nice if not better than any other bike I have owned - I can't fault it.

Bruno2000 - Your bike looks great - I couldn't agree more with the black components \ finishing kit against the 'loud' frame... I did see a photo of one with pink bar tape and it looked terrible...... As for the wheels, the breaking is superior to the old wheels, however LW did tell me that the pads are a new compound (the new have yellow LW writing on, the old white) and I noticed there was no brake residue left on the brake track. With the old wheels\pads they did leave residue on the track and the pads did glaze, but the new ones seem much much better. So I dont know if the better braking is due to the wheel or the pad or maybe both? I would guess more the pad...

I got a good discount on my frameset (my local specialized concept store told me it was trade price?!), and they are exactly the same as the current model, so if you can pick up a 2018 in your size and colourway you like at a good price, then I would go for it!

Cheers,
Lig.

vertex19

by vertex19

Hi, Did you measure the weight of 58cm Frame? My Frame was heavier than I thought, and I was embarrassed. :D

Lig

by Lig

Yes my frame was heavier than quoted, but I guess it does have a lot of paint on! From memory the frame itself was around 870g the forks around 320g.

Cheers,
Lig.

vertex19

by vertex19

Thank you. Maybe the bigger ones were made from more carbon. Of course, paint was used a lot. :(

vertex19

by vertex19

Lig wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:55 am
Heh heh... cheers all.....

When I saw it hanging in the shop, I just thought it looked awesome, different, very gaudy and thought with the right parts it would 'pop' well !!

@Wolfesquire - I am really sorry but I am going to dissapoint you as I have just about finished the build and didn't take 'in progress' shots... I just prefer to post when its almost complete, as I tend to lose interest when I see a post that goes on for days, with build pics..... but that is just me of course as I know its sometimes good to see bits being put together..... I did however make a quick vid of the crank rotation as I was really impressed at how super smooth the C-bear bearings were, I hope this lets me off the hook :D ....

@Gurk700 - I think i will have to get me some of that kit - Thanks !!!

@Mike - Yep all black carbon parts!

@Themidge - heh heh funny, the good old days .... but of course Gay as in 'Colourful', as I would not want to offend.....

Cheers Chaps,

Should have the fully built pics up later today...

Lig.

Can you tell me about BB? What kind of BB selected to use Thm crankset? Please give me a link..

Lig

by Lig

Hi Vertex19....

Here is a link to the C-Bear BB https://velotechservices.co.uk/shop/vcl ... t=366&fo=1

However..... after 4 months it did start to creak so I replaced it with the THM BB here. This seems a better option as it fits with screw thread. You also need to buy the correct fitting tool....

https://www.thm.bike/en/accessories/bb3 ... ad-30.html
https://www.thm.bike/en/accessories/cla ... 18-43.html

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Lig.

Daveke

by Daveke

You can always buy C Bear straight from the supplier, if something is wrong with it Bart ususally is very very helpful in sorting you out. 4 months is a warranty thing..

Lig

by Lig

Yeah, I sent it back and got a refund under warranty....

Cheers,
Lig.