Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I’m glad my post could help you after all. That looks like a really high quality product and should really change your indoor training experience. Now the question is, how will you color match it :p

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

godzuki26 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 am
The Ingrid cassette came in from Italy. It looks very high quality and the weight is outstanding. It is about a 55 gram weight savings over the SRAM Eagle. From what I have seen online, this Ingrid cassette is the lightest 12 speed cassette that is available. It is competitively priced to about the same price as the SRAM. I think the Ingrid cassette looks much nicer but I have yet to comment on it's shifting quality, ect. Black chainring with black cassette looks much nicer than a black chainring with rainbow cassette combo in my opinion. A rainbow chain mated to black on black will look good and will be just enough pop to not be an eye sore.

I have been talking with Poynt and he mentioned that "upgrading" to a 12 speed system from an XTR 11 speed system is about a +400 gram weight penalty......at least for him. 11 speed cassettes, chains, and derailleurs are much lighter than newer 12 speed systems. KMC is releasing a 12 speed chain but I have not read anything about a KMC 12 speed "SL" chain as of yet. Maybe that will help some :)

I am not used to the massive size of these 50t cassettes. It looks like a compact front chainring. I am so outdated and not used to this.

I'm using a e-thirteen Race 9-46T 11sp, but with the 46T chopped, so now is a 10sp 9-39T and is at only 264g. 433.33% range and I find that plenty of it. it is paired with a 36T front.

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@andreszucs - that's a nice weight. Did the 46t come off easily or did you have to machine it off? Also, would it work with a 12 speed derailleur? Thanks
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

godzuki26 wrote:@andreszucs - that's a nice weight. Did the 46t come off easily or did you have to machine it off? Also, would it work with a 12 speed derailleur? Thanks
I don’t know how the etap works, if you could set it up as 10sp you could make it work.

It was easy, with the Dremel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@andreszucs - you my friend are a genius. I would buy you a beer if you lived near me :thumbup:

ImageFelt AR FRD

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

godzuki26 wrote:@andreszucs - you my friend are a genius. I would buy you a beer if you lived near me :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DanW

by DanW

Awesome bike and attention to detail!

I may have missed it in the massive thread, but how is the ND Tuned damper working out? What do they do differently with the OVR? I've read as much as I can but can't work out what it is doing beside the obvious low weight advantage. They say very low 10% sag and make lots of reference to better pedalling etc with more usable travel... 10% sag and a very linear damper (no volume spacers) and a fair bit of LSC????? It would be great to learn more about this or be pointed to where it is already discussed in the thread :) Thanks! :thumbup:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@DanW - I really wish I was able to compare how the OVR feels against modern fork dampers like the Fit4 on the Factory version or the lower model Grip3 on the Performance version. Unfortunately, prior to this build I haven’t touched a mountain bike since 2009. I also didn’t run the Fox SC fork prior to the OVR upgrade so I have nothing to compare it to. I can say that I do like my OVR fork though. It absorbs small bumps like nothing and I don’t get the numbness in my hands when I used to ride a DT Swiss XRC Race fork 10 years ago. What is impressive is the weight. 1192 grams for 110 mm full tapered Boost fork with a through axle as compared to the full carbon DT Swiss XRC Race straight non tapered fork that was for a 26er with a 9mm quick release that weighed around 1100 grams. I do notice on standing efforts when I rock the bike side to side the fork dips more than I would like. Maybe this is what they mean by 10% more travel range but I don’t like it because I would rather have it ultra stiff or completely locked out. In the pic below check out the placement of the O-ring on the stancion. It drops down that low just from a 10 second standing sprint effort up a hill. In 2009 I would like my XRC Race fork locked out completely rigid but that is not even an option with this fork. You probably already saw this YouTube video that explains how the fork operates better. At least better than I can explain. The only thing that really concerns me is how do I get this fork serviced when I need it? Mailing it to Portugal from the USA does not seem economical.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cOqGpcB1w

ImageFelt AR FRD

DanW

by DanW

Thanks for the reply :thumbup:

I'm still none the wiser how it is supposed to work better than the stock dampers but so long as you like it then all is good :) The sending to Portugal bit puts me off too but I'm tempted to check out if there is anyone in the UK who could handle it, even if it voids a warranty.

I am curious because I used the Shift Up dampers in my last SIDS but they cut off the UK company doing them and deal direct only as far as I am aware. I've got to say the Shift Up swap relly transformed the fork but I've been able to get the feel I like in the newest SIDS without any messing around inside (15% sag, rebound as fast as it goes stock, standard volume spacers).

ANyway, awesome bike again!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@DanW - you might be in luck if you live in the UK. Someone from the UK did my OVR upgrade. PM poynt and maybe he can help you or point you in the right direction.

ImageFelt AR FRD

tonytourist

by tonytourist

poynt is the real deal! He got a fork, OVR upgrade with carbon steerer, and HOPP parts for me for a friends build.

DanW

by DanW

Thanks both, will do :thumbup:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Traxxion Dynamics Axxion Rocker Plate is here. Solid anodized aluminum and not like the others which are made of the plywood. Reminds me of a stealth bomber.

ImageFelt AR FRD

AZR3

by AZR3

Gotta be some wild Zwift sessions....PARTY TIME! Lol

mcfarton

by mcfarton

That’s one hell of a setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk