Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

mcfarton

by mcfarton

Are you zwifting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Mcfarton - yes I have been Zwifting. Maybe a little bit too much. This has never happened before from cycling but I developed shin splints on my left side. 4 inches above my ankle on the inside. It hurts so bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I used to get this in high school when training too much on rubber tracks but didn’t know this can happen from riding on a trainer. It just tells me that my pedaling form sucks and I am probably pointing my heel down during the downstroke of the pedal stroke? This happens when I do the Alp de Zwift on a 26 tooth cassette? I need maybe a 32 tooth because I see other Zwifters spinning at a much higher cadence but going slower than me.

I also been reading about people who lie about their weight to get a higher watts per kilo? That is just hilarious. I wonder if it would be cheating then if I threw one of my weenie bikes on the trainer and subtracted the weight from my Look 595? My Look is 15lbs even after stripping all the paint. However, my Scott Addict R2 is sub 9 lbs. Soooooo is it cheating if I subtract 5 lbs from my body weight in Zwift? Lol. I’m not being serious here I’m just joking around. I thought I might be able to fly up hills like Gilberto Simoni on a 9 lb bike but all it did was make me slower because I didn’t want to break anything. Haha

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

dgasmd

by dgasmd

godzuki26 wrote: Look is 15lbs even after stripping all the paint. However, my Scott Addict R2 is sub 9 lbs
This is a number My mi d cannot comprehend. 9 LbImageImageImage

With my Record 10 sp gears, super crap Ciamillo brakes, not entirely weight conscious bars and stem, non weight weenie approves carbon tubulars, still painted black, and the Berk saddle my Look hits 14.3 LbImageImage

Gonna have to look into how to put it on a diet big time when I bring it back into the 21st centuryImageImage

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@dgasmd - you have to upadate your Look. It’s a great frame so keep it alive. I had to put a he frame back on wheels for a second to see how the Etap rear Derailleur plays with a 32T cassette. I couldn’t get it to clear and I don’t want to buy a WiFli long cage derailleur for a stationary bike. I’m going to need a derailleur extender.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

This little $10 piece works just fine. Now I can run a 32 with no problem. Just using a SRAM Force cassette so it lasts longer than a Red.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Orbital

by Orbital

That bike looks so damn cool.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Orbital - thanks man. Sometimes I go a little overboard with trying to make things match. Like this! Lol

ImageFelt AR FRD

Orbital

by Orbital

I love it! I always make a point of checking out your posts!

1415chris

by 1415chris

This man is crazy, positively crazy!
How are your stickers doing? They are on bare carbon without any additional protection, right?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

godzuki26 wrote:@dgasmd - you have to upadate your Look. It’s a great frame so keep it alive.

I’m going to need a derailleur extender.
I want to, but hard to justify as I currently have it as the dedicated trainer bike. Gears are irrelevant as I do all the WO on erg mode. However, your hanger extension got me thinking that if it would work with a Campagnolo 11 short cage derailer, I could set it up with the extra compact crank I have and move all the SR 11 sp stuff I have in another bike I won’t be using anymoreImageImageImage

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@1415chris - the stickers are just fine even after sweating all over it. If this was an outdoor bike I would have painted the logos on and add a matte clear. There is no UV sunlight to worry about indoors so naked is fine.

ImageFelt AR FRD

iamraymond

by iamraymond

FYI on Zwift you can change your trainer difficulty to allow you to climb those virtual mountains without swapping cassettes. If you set the difficulty to easier it will functionally give you a lower gear. Maybe you have it set to max hard which matches reality.

Keep in mind that changing the difficulty does not make the climbs easier; you still need to put the same power down to match your virtual speed. Here’s a good YouTube video which explains what I mean:

https://youtu.be/dRTMxPgWuzU

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@iamraymond - I checked and I had it set to max hard because I read to do so in a Zwift tutorial I read somewhere. My understanding was that I would feel the Kickr Climb gradient changes more when set at Max.I had no idea what it meant until now. Thanks for the link :thumbup: Since I already set up a 32, I'll just keep it the way it is at Max setting. I do feel like a pussy using a 32 with compact front but I am married and older now.

I enjoyed the YouTube link so I also checked out the channel and this gentleman makes a really sweet Rocker Plate called the Axxion. Unlike all other Rocker Plates that are made of wood, he makes his out of aluminum. Now I want to get a Rockr plate :unbelievable:

ImageFelt AR FRD

stevec1975

by stevec1975

If you are looking for a rocker plate, I can wholeheartedly recommend my friends company (Omnirocker), it is the only one available that combines adjustable side to side movement with surge movement when sprinting.

Also, as you like stuff matchy matchy, they can do custom colour options, check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/Omnirocker

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@stevec1975 - thanks for the info Steve. That looks like a great product but unfortunately they are located in the U.K. And I live in the U.S.A. where shipping costs will be far too high.

@iamraymond - I ended up contacting Traxxion Dynamics and inquired about their Axxion Rocker plate. They are a company based out of the U.S.A. that specializes in motorcycle suspension tuning. I was able to speak with the owner named Max who was a very informative and knowledgeable cyclist. I really like the build quality of his product. You get a full machined aluminum product that is hard anodized black. I like the simplicity of this product and the solid commercial grade build quality. I ordered the very first one and I am getting the exact unit shown in this video clip. I want the one in the back that is shaped with a narrower front end to accommodate my Wahoo desk sliding in and out. Do you know how difficult it is to anodize a part that big? It's not easy and it is not cheap. He is Fedexing it to me today and I cannot wait to try it out :thumbup:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSgeFTP2nmk

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie