Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Some friend dialog today:

Godzuki26: “hey bitch, you owe me a favor.”

Friend: “No problem. You ready to vinyl wrap your car?”

Godzuki26: “Not my car dude. My Kickr.”

Friend: “Kickr? Is that a turbo or something?”

Godzuki26: “No. It is my Indoor Bike trainer.”

Friend: “Are you a retard or something? Are you serious?”

Godzuki26: “Yes. How many times have I fixed your computer or had your crap shipped to my house so your wife doesn’t find out?”

Friend: “Alright. Bring it over. If I do this you know the warranty will be voided right?”

Godzuki26: “Oh s##t”
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I’ve been following this thread off and on for a while and have a few observations:

-I can’t even remember when was the last time I saw anything MTB related
-you broke my heart when you stripped the Look. I looked for years for that white unicorn to compliment my black one and never found one
-love the set up. Convoluted and overly tech and complicated, but like it
-I give kudos to all that can stand Swift. The cartoon thing just lost me in the first 5 sec. seems fun and like the interactive group thing, but I think this is more for the crowd that has grown playing video games. I was never into them and they bore me, so may explain it.
-I do like your idea of stripping the brakes and cables from the Look. I may consider doing the same on my that has a complete Record kit from 10 years ago. Downside is I would never be able to ride the bike outside, so it is a toss up between upgrading to a new SR kit weenie the bike or strip it all. I use the erg mode on my trainer only, so don’t even need derailer really. Still nice to shift the front for a different cadence and pedaling experience
-lastly, keep the balls out ingenuity going!!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@dgasmd - you should do a LOOK restore build! I have seen yours. I still love mine and that is why I have kept it for so long. I had to take the white paint off because the clear coat was chipped everywhere from all the miles she has had. Some parts had chips all the way down to the carbon. I always wanted to see the 3K weave in it’s entirety. I must admit that this was the most difficult and time consuming bike strip. The lugged frame with all the ridges was much harder to sand than a non lugged frame.

The Rotor NoQ Qarbon outer chainring is not compatible with the SRAM Red crankset. The hidden bolt area prevents the chainring from resting evenly on the 4 spyder holes. So when I had this installed, the chainring was wobbling and hitting the Derailleur cage just like the Zipp was. This took me hours to figure out and it was rather frustrating. At first, I thought maybe the frame was bad because a brand new chainring was wobbling. So, I just switched to some Praxis chainrings that originally came with my THM Clavicula SE cranks. I also scrapped the blue chain ring bolts as this was too much blue. Aside from the chainring bolts and the 2 Look E-Post bolts, every bolt on this bike has been replaced with blue titanium bolts. My blue Chris King bottom bracket is still missing in transit.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@jever98 - This is not a Wahoo desk. This is not an Amazon Rad Cycles desk. It is a SRAM desk. 😝

ImageFelt AR FRD

dgasmd

by dgasmd

How do you get any airflow with the fan under the desk? I have a big fan in front of my trainer and still feel like 70% of the air is wasted based on position. Best would be at 45 degrees aimed at my core/head. One more fan coming to accomplish that. And that’s in a room inside the house with a ceiling fan and A/C!! It’s not even about the volume of air but the direction is aimed at!!

I hate you for inspiring me to do a rebuilt. I have wanted to upgrade to SR 11 sp for a long while. I have a few parts I can add to “update it to today’s 11 sp SR”, but I may have to wait a bit for the rest. I have a “seriously nasty midlife crisis panty dropper” coming my way to “celebrate/degrade” me turning 50 this year

dgasmd

by dgasmd

What my friends call “a serious white people problem” even though I’m not the “white wasp” the coloquial phrase refers to

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@dgasmd - awesome that you have a panty dropper for your 50th :D but you really need to revive your LOOK :thumbup: Especially if it will make you happy.

I'm having trouble with the fan as you mentioned. I feel like the desk blocks the air flow and understand why the table is extended all the way up in many online pics. It's done to not have the desk block the air! I get it now. I have even seen the Wahoo fan off to the side rather than directly in front. It's even worse if you lay a rag across your hoods. I had a wall mount Lasko 20 in fan that pointed downward. This application is better than a floor fan if you have the desk and like to lay rags across your hoods. I will probably need a second fan maybe behind me. I'll mess around a little more with proper Wahoo Headwind fan placement first.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

I have my fan mounted on the ceiling behind me with a remote switch and speed controller. Not a fan of air blowing directly into my face indoors.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

godzuki26 wrote:
I'm having trouble with the fan as you mentioned. I feel like the desk blocks the air flow and understand why the table is extended all the way up in many online pics
I had the same issue in my first set up many versions ago. Ended up putting the bike/trainer next to my work bench. Solved the problem temporarily. I have a Lasko fan like the one you mentioned, and now I have it in front. It’s pretty powerful, but since my trainer bike is now indoors, I don’t need all that power. I have it plugged with a WiFi connector I can control with an app on the phone, which sits on the computer mount of the bars so I can turn it off and on at will while using the trainer. Ideal solution is 2 smaller fans (round dissipates the airflow in a wider pattern = better)off to the side aiming to my chest. Avoids cutting airflow when I put towels on the bars like you found out.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Can you please tell me what wifi connector you got for your fan? Thanks!

ImageFelt AR FRD

dgasmd

by dgasmd

godzuki26 wrote:Can you please tell me what wifi connector you got for your fan? Thanks!
I got these to program the lamps around my house. Works great but a bit time consuming to get them set up the first time. Maybe it was just meImageImageImageImage

Smart plug, Gosund Mini Wifi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079MFTYMV?re ... b_ap_share

You can schedule and name one to what you like on the app.

For me
Personally, I leave them off until I get through the warm up and I’m already pouring sweat. Then turn on. I have that lasko fan just on the 2nd setting, but I do have a ceiling fan going above and the A/C thermostat for the house set on 73F. I sweat like a little bitch though!

Another bandaid/fix that may work with your fan is that since you have your monitors/tv on the wall well above your direct line of sight, you can always mount the fan in a pedestal of some sort aiming straight at your chest while lowering the table in front to where you can still reach all the things you’ll REALISTICALLY need.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Someone pointed out to me that the Concept2 SkiErg handles are behind the top TV. The set up works fine by simply sliding the LCD to the right when my wife wants to use the SkiErg. I also set up the top TV wall mount to stick out a little further than the bottom TV so that the SkiErg handles can rest behind the TV when not in use. I just wanted to clarify.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I ended up having to get another fan. I decided to get the XPower P-21AR fan. Like dgasmd suggested, I got a smart plug to control the fan remotely. I ended up going with a WeMo smart plug because it integrated easily with the Flic. So now I have the Wahoo Headwind blowing air in the front and the XPower fan blowing wind from behind. While I was at it, I also got an Echo Dot to Control everything through voice command. It is nice to have the option to use my cell phone, a Flic button, or voice command to control all the lights and the XPower fan. Now I just wish there was an easy way to turn both TVs off and on using voice command. Does anyone know of a way other than buying an Amazon Cube which has a built in IR blaster? Thanks.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I really love these little Flic buttons. Sometimes when you are gasping for air on the trainer, you don’t want to do voice command. I also don’t want to use my sweaty hands to touch my cell phone. Have you ever tried to swipe on an iPhone when your hands are wet from sweat? So far I have the Flic doing the following:

1. 1 click enables the Zwift Power Up
2. Double click turns PC on
3. Holding down Flic turns PC off

1. 1 click to turn the XPower fan off and on

1. 1 click to turn 6 Hue Lights on/off
2. Double click to turn garage LED Lights on/off
3. Holding down Flic to turn 6 Hue lights and garage LED Lights on/off.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Doing a little research, I found the answer to my own question on how to turn both TVs off/on through Alexa voice command. The answer is to get the Logitech Harmony Hub. This little device will allow me to also change inputs so I can ask Alexa to play Netflix on one TV or run my PlayStation 4 while running Zwift on the second TV. The Flic also integrates with the Logitech Harmony so I can now program the Flics to turn off/on, change inputs, adjust volume etc. I can now ditch the LG remotes that take up too much space on my RAD Cycles desk. I'm almost done now with my paincave setup :thumbup:

ImageFelt AR FRD