Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Couldn't you just use a round titanium spoke or are they not long enough?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@dereksmalls - yes Ti spokes are far too short when attempting more than 5 coils. As you run out of length, you lose more leverage making it impossible to bend by hand. You can get by with shorter lengths if you use a lathe machine to create the coil.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

serious1

by serious1

Any plans to do a single speed version with a tensioner to see how light you can go? Id imagine you'd be able to get sub 10 with a rigid ss.

poynt

by poynt

this could end up being like one of Sebs builds, ending up as a unicycle

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@serious1 - If I remove the derailleur, shifter, the enormous cassette, and shorten the chain I believe I can save some serious weight. However, I am actually doing the opposite right now and adding weight to the bike starting with the tires. I want to actually ride this thing rather than making something that is not fun to ride which I have been critized for in the past.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Weightweenie member Jobvisser just sent me some pics of some of the ultra low carbon headset dust caps that he is working on for me. When Veloflyte stopped producing these a decade ago I always pinched myself for not buying any when I had the chance. Luckily, Jobvisser is making these and they are turning out really well. These are just pics of the prototypes he is working on with the measurements I sent him. He is making them in both 3K and UD. They look really good so far.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I’m pleased I manage to get a Veloflyte one from the guy in the UK that bought their remaining stock, then he disappeared. If these go into production and he makes them for different bikes I’d be keen as.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

dereksmalls wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:24 am
I’m pleased I manage to get a Veloflyte one from the guy in the UK that bought their remaining stock, then he disappeared. If these go into production and he makes them for different bikes I’d be keen as.
I'm now trying to get high quality molds for the low covers. Depending on the price of manufacturing the molds and demand for the caps i will make different models. So far I'm planning to make the covers for 1 1/8 headsets with an outer diameter of either 44mm or 46mm, this way it will fit most bikes perfectly. If there are enough people interested I will also make 1 1/4 covers, for Giant and Canyon users.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you are interested in getting a cover or have questions about the sizing!
---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

And for F12 ? which have 1”1/2 bearing on top.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Some really exciting stuff with the low profile carbon dust caps. Carbon looks so much better on a full carbon frameset. Especially For people who love the look of bare carbon like me.

I’m leaving town on a trip with my wife. But before leaving I had a couple minutes to paint my MCFK saddle. This saddle I believe will be more comfortable than the Berk Motika. I always loved how DASH saddles used to use colored rails before they discontinued that option. I was thinking of those saddles when I painted my MCFK saddle. This time I went for more of a Purple/Teal transition paint rather than the Purple/Green I have been using for everything else.

ImageFelt AR FRD

serious1

by serious1

godzuki26 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:14 am
@serious1 - If I remove the derailleur, shifter, the enormous cassette, and shorten the chain I believe I can save some serious weight. However, I am actually doing the opposite right now and adding weight to the bike starting with the tires. I want to actually ride this thing rather than making something that is not fun to ride which I have been critized for in the past.
I totally get it. You should enjoy that thing immensley once you get some proper tires for it. Everything else looks really rideable!

Only reason I say the single speed conversion is so you can dethrone this guy. Should be doable!

https://www.mbr.co.uk/news/bike_news/li ... ike-373960

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@serious1 - I am actually a huge fan of SebK. He does some SERIOUS Weightweenie tuning and has the biggest WeightWeenie balls that I know of. I am an amateur compared to the stuff he does.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Arfer01

by Arfer01

Sebs the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Arfer01 - I wish he was my neighbor so I can ask him how to use a lathe machine to make my own bolts.

ImageFelt AR FRD

TLN

by TLN

Did you just simple painted over carbon? What color is that? Looks like Supacaz Oil Slick to me.
His: Specialiez S-Works Tarmac SL5 Disc.
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie