Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. So here we go!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Check out the offering on Ebay by J&l and pulley systems by Digirit, Rockbros and a few other offerings.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

scant

by scant

I guess the question is, which Sram version could you tune to make the lightest? AXS has a 7g headstart, but my moneys on ye olde cable pull.

by Weenie

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Anyone used a SUMC chain yet?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I didn’t get too far on the bike as the custom bottom bracket I have installed on the bike does not work. As mentioned earlier, the bearings are too thin and do not support the 30 mm axle of the THM crank. Spinning was ok but any torque caused the chain ring to rub the frame. I also noticed the stem bolts on the GrigioCarbonio stem came loose as I torqued it slightly under spec to not damage the 81 gram handlebar. I had to soft pedal back as I did not have tools with me to retighten the bolts. So, my initial experience on the bike was not good but this was a small test ride only before I tune it to make it work. I need to install a beefier bottom bracket and I need to use a good carbon paste and torque the bolts tighter without being afraid. I will post pics of the finished build once it is in a rideable configuration/status. I have some tweaking to do and have a lot of free time this weekend as my wife is busy and will leave me alone.

I need some Weightweenie tools so I got a Barbieri Nana pump. It is made of carbon and titanium. It is not the easiest pump to use but when testing it out to inflate my tires it does work decently with some effort. I obviously removed the decals and sanded it so it is matte like the frame. I also redid my mini tool to make it lighter. I used a carbon plate to make a new handle and replaced the heavy steel bolts. Now the tool is the size of a thumb drive.

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

prebsy

by prebsy

I'm loving the custom multitool. I think it's inspired me to finally make my own, 42g toolmanator 5 is simply too heavy ;)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

eric01

by eric01

Ha! Absolutely brilliant that you are tuning your tools too! Thoroughly enjoying this thread.
AX Lightness Vial Evo, Carl Strong Titanium

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Love that multitool.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marin

by Marin

The pump will kill you when you use it for a high-volume tire.

I carry this tool with the 6mm allen cut off:

Ritchey CPR-9

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Marin a that’s a cool looking multi tool. As for the pump, I do what I always do. Start pumping with something useless, my friends don’t want to wait, so they let me use their pump.

The Maxxlite tires suck. Not quite as bad as the Furious Fred but still close. Too narrow, weak sidewalls, and no grip. I guess fast on hard packed fire roads but that was not the case. Switching to S-Works Renegade 2.3 tires and will run the tubless with sealant. Maybe I can save a little weight with Barbieri carbon valve stems. Also check out the C2Works Carbon hub axle that saves 10 grams on an already weight optimized rear hub.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

In grams the weights of both suspension and rigid versions. The weight of the suspension version is slightly over 6000 grams so I failed at breaking sub 6. The weight will get beefed up once I put thicker tires on and go tubeless. I would need the GrigioCarbonio frame to break sub 6. You really can’t go any lighter on the rest of the parts I have used.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Weight in lbs for us Americans. Did I mention how I hate this Park hanging Scale because it measures in oz. I need the Alpine Scale that measures in hundredths.

ImageFelt AR FRD

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

nice....

I'd only swap the eggbeaters.... they are terrible engagement wise compared to what is available.

scant

by scant

godzuki26, top work. how does it ride?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Hello. Thanks. It is not comfortable at all. I think the Berk Combo is not going to work as I find it too stiff. I will need to switch. I am not sure yet on the handling characteristics as I have not been able to really push the bike with the current tires. Once I switch to a tubeless setup I should be able to ride it better.

I am also having trouble shifting to the largest cog. I already tried playing with the limit screws as well as completing a master reset. The derailleur hanger does not go in far enough to shift to the largest cog. I realized this when I needed to use it the other day.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

ImageFelt AR FRD