Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. So here we go!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Klaster_1 - wow now that is the critical eye. I did not notice that. I guess being a retailer has it’s benefits because one can weigh and hand pick the lightest items out of their inventory.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

poynt

by poynt

if you look on their site they only sell 3 rotors and none are Ashima. They defo say 73g on those so rather strange!

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Some weights of the Piccola brakeset prebled and uncut. Since this is going on a small frame, I anticipate a decent amount of shortening which will further reduce the weight. Some nice weight savings with the Hopp carbon clamps. The total uncut set with Hopp clamps and Trickstuff Power brake pads is 340 grams. I’m guessing another 10 grams lower after hoses are shortened. Damn it! If I had the Hopp carbon levers I would drop another 11 grams.

On my earlier posts for this build thread I talked about how the biggest weight saving opportunity are the framset, fork, and wheelset. After those 3 major parts, it starts to get expensive and it is after the 3 major parts where I always blow my budget. It was 100 euros to save 2 grams on the clamps. It would have been 300 euros to save 11 grams on the brake levers which I got a refund for. So, 400 euros to save 13 grams. It seems outrageous but that is what makes me a weight weenie. Hopp’s stuff is so nice and I lust for it. It is Weightweenie art 🖼

ImageFelt AR FRD

scant

by scant

godzuki26 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:48 am
So, 400 euros to save 13 grams.
:shock: :lol:

AZR3

by AZR3

scant wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 pm
godzuki26 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:48 am
So, 400 euros to save 13 grams.
:shock: :lol:
I wouldnt want the misses to see the spreadsheet with cost total

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@AZR3 - she will never find out. That is truely the real reason why all my bikes are “stealth”. They all look the same and she can’t tell the difference between a Lightweight Fernweg wheel and a Yoleo 88mm rim. If I were to let’s say have a Reisel Design edition of the Fernweg wheel then it would be game over. I would honestly love to paint a bike to match my Paul Smith Signature socks.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Ummmmmmm. This 2019 S Works Epic is perfect for my wife. It also comes in the Green/Purple holographic decals so I don’t have to go through the troubles of doing it myself like I did on this Scott Scale 900. Also claimed at being the lightest production hardtail at 775 grams. The S Works Epic also comes in a size XS. Does anybody know if the XS is a 650B? I don’t want anything to do with 650B. Hopefully XS is a 29er.

ImageFelt AR FRD

scant

by scant

godzuki26 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:14 pm
The S Works Epic also comes in a size XS. Does anybody know if the XS is a 650B?
I thought size "small" was the smallest size available, but still in 29in wheels

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/s-wor ... 115-171128
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-loo ... ic-ht.html
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-wor ... 114-171129

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I saw it on this website in XS. But not available of course. I added myself to the email alert once it is available. It could be that the retailer listed XS as an option by mistake.

https://mikesbikes.com/products/20-epic ... 2964367427

ImageFelt AR FRD

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

XS is only available in the "Gloss White Prismaflair/Black Holographic Reflective" colorway and not in the other two frameset colors. It is out of stock on the consumer site but your LBS should be able to order it for you.
Specialized Allez Sprint
Instagram || Shitposting is a god-given right.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@icantaffordcycling - thank you for the clarification. I have seen the previous gen Epic hardtail 29 in a size xs so I know what this size would like like in such a tiny size. It would be the perfect fit for my wife.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I was able to cut the Trickstuff Piccola brakes hoses to the proper length. As I predicted, it was 10 grams of hose that I cut. So with the Hopp Carbon clamps, the final weight of the brakes is 330 grams. Some day when I get the Hopp carbon levers, a 319 gram brakeset with pads is possible.

Removing the hose from the banjo was something a little different than what I was used to with the typical Shimano/SRAM hydraulic brakes. I have replaced many brake hoses back in the day with Goodridge hoses but the Trickstuff was a little different. It was not too hard to figure out and the process was pretty simple and clean.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find my bleed kit in my tool shed. I do not know what happened to it. After hours of trying to find it, I gave up. I had to order a universal brake bleeding kit. The Trickstuff Piccola will need standard M5 connectors to attach to the syringes. Hopefully, I can have the kit in a couple days and bleed the brakeset.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

R2bike currently has Trickstuff Piccola brakes in stock. You don't have to wait 4 months like I did! They have the Black with silver line connection (mine), Black with black line connection, and red all in stock. I guess they ordered a huge batch. :thumbup:

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Hopp has a Black Edition of the Trickstuff Piccola brakes in stock. It comes with black titanium bolts throughout. I wish I saw this before I purchased my set as all black is my style. My current set has silver titanium bolts that I probably will not be able to replace unless I remove them and have them anodized myself.....some of the bolts like the clamp bolts are not common sized bolts I can find on EBay. If Hopp is selling these special edition brakes with aluminum levers, this tells me that he is not making the carbon levers anymore :cry: Another sign that the carbon levers are bye bye is that he is shipping this Black Edition brakeset with his carbon clamps.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

HOPPcarbonparts

by HOPPcarbonparts

I have some of the original clamp bolts already black DLC coated.