Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. So here we go!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Alexbn921 - my Scub rotors are 113 grams for the pair so I am at a good weight with those already. Thanks anyways for the offer and support but I will take your advice and not ride carbon rotors. 👍 I am actually kind of scared to use both titanium and carbon rotors. A long time ago, Carbon-Ti made their carbon spider stainless steel rotor in a carbon spider titanium rotor that was lighter than my Scrubs. The performance on those rotors were very scary. Not being able to stop when you want to is a horrifying experience.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

DOUG

by DOUG

godzuki26 wrote:Agghhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Where are my brakes? And my AXS shifter and derailleur on back order too!!!!!! Maybe I am not meant to ride a mountain bike?

I never thought a sub 6K SRAM Eagle AXS mountain bike with full suspension front fork was possible. Check out Mauro’s bike built at Dreambikes!!!! This is insane!!!! Unlike me, he is using an XL frame that is fully painted in Ferrari red. This bike build is simply amazing. GrigioCarbonio frame, stem, handlebar, and seatpost. All lighter than Darimo and Scott. Once I finish my Scott and realize the frame is too small for me, I am going to build a full out all Italian GrigioCarbonio bike through Dreambikes. GrigioCarbonio is lighter than Scott and Darimo hands down. They also have zero imperfections with a perfect finish and are at or below claimed weight........unlike Darimo who’s parts all have different weights because the resin flow is different for every batch.

Image OMG. The cost as well, eye watering!

Could do with some more stealthy decals on the wheels, stem and bars IMO but that aside it looks quite good. That top tube is a work of art and it's hard to go past red and white on a mountain bike.

Would love to see how it rides IRL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

welchy

by welchy

Slammed wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Man, those gelu rotors are really nice. I have a set of the Kettle ones but they're only like 42g each in 160mm and don't really work too well.

Do these add to the boat anchors weight? :thumbup:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

OMG. The cost as well, eye watering!
The Dreambikes Grigiocarboni build is the Bugatti of mountain bikes :mrgreen: What is more impressive is the fact that the build includes a full paint job with full decal set. I wonder what the build would weigh if it was both paintless with no decals?........and in a size M instead of XL?

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The XL frame naked and bare is 699 grams. So a medium can be as low as 650 grams without paint.

ImageFelt AR FRD

poynt

by poynt

I can invision a bare matt cc medium heading States wise sometime in someones future, :wink: all that matching 12k with just a hint of red/green thrown in yummy! :lol:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

R2Bike contacted me with good news yesterday informing me that the Trickstuff Piccola brakes finally arrived. It was a 4 month wait for these exclusive brakes and nobody has them in stock so special order only. What is disappointing is that R2Bike had to cancel my order for the Hopp Trickstuff carbon brake levers. It turns out that Hopp stopped producing the levers at about the time I placed my order back in April. Maybe he will release an updated version in the future but sadly right now I don't get to have them. So, the 5.5 grams per lever weight savings is not happening. How will I make up 11 grams now!!?? Do I bust out the Dremel? I should have contacted Hopp directly or bought all the Hopp parts through Mauro@Dreambikes. It was my fault for procrastinating and not ordering back in February when the levers were readily available. I bet those levers are very time consuming and costly to produce. I'm an idiot for assuming they would be in stock forever.

So, shipped yesterday from Germany are:

Trickstuff Piccola brakeset in black
Hopp Trickstuff carbon clamps with matchmaker
Hopp SRAM Eagle AXS carbon shifter body
Hopp SRAM Eagle AXS carbon derailleur cage 2.0
Trickstuff brake fluid
:evil: :oops: :x :( :| cancelled Hopp Trickstuff carbon brake levers :evil: :oops: :x :( :| :welcome:
Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

scant

by scant

godzuki26 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:17 pm
OMG. The cost as well, eye watering!
The Dreambikes Grigiocarboni build is the Bugatti of mountain bikes :mrgreen: What is more impressive is the fact that the build includes a full paint job with full decal set. I wonder what the build would weigh if it was both paintless with no decals?........and in a size M instead of XL?
LOL! you havent finished the scott yet & you're already onto the next frame!? that said 650g frame is lighter than a LOT of road bikes!

maxle

by maxle

Try to order those carbon levers directly at trickstuff.
You only own a bike when you've violated every single term of guarantee.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I got rid of the gold bolt on the NDtuned OVR control. Also got rid of the remaining gold and made it rainbow. The gold color bothered me enough to do this. It was a pain in the ass to shave down the rainbow titanium M4 retaining bolt. I nearly burned myself doing it. I had to trim down from M4x8 to M4x3.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Maxle - unfortunately Trickstuff does not have any carbon Hopp levers for the Picolla in stock. I will have to just wait and see if Hopp makes them again when he resumes production in his shop in September.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Order came in from R2Bike. The Trickstuff brakeset came inside a nice wooden box. I am ready to install the brakes over the weekend. Still sad that I didn’t get the Hopp carbon brake levers.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:00 am
How come a pair of 73g Ai2 weighs only 131g? But even have the same weight etched on, you can see that on photo. Where do I get that sweet 66g Ai2? I have three ARO-09 and none deviate too much from claimed weight.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The Gen1 AI2 rotors where lighter at 66 to 68 grams. Now they weigh as much as the KCNC Razor rotor which is closer to 73 to 75 grams. A couple of my friends have the 68 gram AI2 rotors that they bought years ago.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:20 pm
The Gen1 AI2 rotors where lighter at 66 to 68 grams. Now they weigh as much as the KCNC Razor rotor which is closer to 73 to 75 grams. A couple of my friends have the 68 gram AI2 rotors that they bought years ago.
The "Gen1 Ai2" has "66g" etched on, while "Gen2" has "73g". The picture from DB looks like "Gen2", but weighs like "Gen1". I find this weird.

by Weenie