Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. So here we go!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Black Berd spokes.....I have to admit that I liked the white Spokes as they made the wheelset look unique. When painted black they look plain and ordinary but that is my style anyways. I still have some small areas to touch up near the hubs but all in all the paint Has a solid adhesion to the spokes and does not look like it will peel or flake off. For those of you who were turned off by the white spokes, coloring them black was not difficult at all. I may even paint one spoke turquoise just for the hell of it.

I’m so excited about the GrigioCarbonio stem as I never thought a stem this light would be possible in a 31.8 OS clamping system. It looks very well made too. It should be about 3 to 4 weeks until I get it. Then finally I will be able to cut the steerer tube and figure out the weight of the NDtuned OVR Fork.

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Discodan

by Discodan

How about a paint fade on the spokes using the matching paint you used on the decals; fade it in from half-way along the spoke to the rims. Would be unique and in theme without being too flashy.

Would be a bit of a pain to do but maybe worth a test spoke to see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Discodan - I was thinking about trying that. The spokes are thin enough to where it won't be too distracting. I can bring some disco to the wheels :thumbup: The only thing I fear is adding another layer of paint which will add weight to the build. The black paint added about 2.5 grams for both wheels (1.25 grams per wheel) but was offset by removing the Extralite decals off the hubs along with the Berd decals on the rims. I'm going to spray paint Berd decals on the rims.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BmanX

by BmanX

Really liking this build.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT

Cervelo SLC 5960g/13.13 lbs

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@BmanX - thanks man. Hey if you have any suggestions on how to make this thing aero, let me know. Haha

Poynt sent me the link to an Italian company called Ingrid. Their SRAM compatible XD cassette is about 40 grams lighter than the AXS. It is not cheap but I like the weight savings and just purchased it on Biciclista.us. They are a USA distributor and currently offer a 15% off coupon along with free shipping. 315 grams claimed so I hope mine comes in at that weight.

I like the black cassette because it blends better with my frame. I think the rainbow AXS cassette may be a little too loud for my taste. I feel that the rainbow AXS chain mated to a black cassette and chainring will look much better. I have also purchased rainbow titanium bolts for the entire bike. I can always get the rainbow AXS cassette later if I feel more color is needed. Check out the link below they have other cool stuff.

https://biciclista.us/collections/ingri ... 0-cassette

ImageFelt AR FRD

poynt

by poynt

For the Euro users amongst us here's the link to their site and a price comparible to Sram and others

https://ingrid.bike/product/cassette-12s-48t10/

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The e*Thirteen XCX Race cranks are finally available for pre order so I ordered them. This is probably the best option for me right now because it comes with the correct Boost chaineline. The THM Clavicula DP crankset (now discontinued) is much lighter but it has an outdated chainline and I am not sure if it would work too well with a 148mm boost spaced mountain bike frame. e*Thirteen is claiming this to be the lightest production crank on the market but the THM M3 crank arms are still a couple grams lighter. The e*Thirteen UL chainrings also look very promising in terms of weight. I purchased the 32t to start it off. Hopefully I will get these soon and weigh them to see if the claimed weights are accurate or not. I will save another 10 grams on the crank arms after removing all the decals and clear coat...... :mrgreen: The 32t chainring is claimed at 54 grams. So subtract that for the 392 gram system weight and you will get 338 grams for the crank arms.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

As I am excited about the e*Thirteen crankset, look at what is possible. Not a lot of information on these but can I have a set please? Chinese guy who appears to be an Uber Weightweenie with access to carbon factories in China. You know that someone is an Uber Weightweenie when they take a non driveside THM M3 crank arm and install it onto a discontinued THM Clavicula DP driveside crank arm to save weight.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I'm bored as I wait for Trickstuff Piccolla brakes + Hopp levers&clamps, e*Thirteen XCX Race cranks, Ingrid 12 speed Cassette, and GrigioCarbonio T1000 stem. While I wait, I thought I tune an Ebay carbon top cap. Does anybody know if there are 12K carbon topcaps available? I would like one to match the T1000 stem which is 12K carbon weave.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Thu May 30, 2019 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I love what you do to topcaps!

Mep

by Mep

We sorely need more of your tuning skills on this forum! With regards to the bike looking "too stealth", the seat tube has the most surface area (from side view) and would really pop if you choose to put some color there, even if it's really small.

scant

by scant

godzuki26 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm
You know that someone is an Uber Weightweenie when they take a non driveside THM M3 crank arm and install it onto a discontinued THM Clavicula DP driveside crank arm to save weight.
given drive & non drive crankarms use different direction pedal threads, how did the Uber Weightweenie get around that issue?
ta

scant

tonytourist

by tonytourist

It’s a Clavicula DS, M3 NDS

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I’m getting towards the end of this build. As I mentioned in my earlier posts, it starts getting ridiculously expensive to save those last grams on small parts. I am not looking too good on breaking 6000 grams with the AXS Eagle 12 speed set up. 11 speed cassettes and chains are still much lighter as well as the derailleur and thumb shifter. I still want to continue with the AXS wireless setup. Relying on Hopp Tuned parts to get to my goal weight is very pricey. I think I need to cancel my holiday vacation trip with my wife. I will probably fake an illness so I don’t have to go and can use the saved money on Hopp carbon jewelry.

While on the subject of pricey small parts to save weight, would any of you guys buy these ceramic/carbon rotors from Digirit? I have used Digirit chainrings, derailleur cages, and pulley wheels and they are very good. I already have Scrub rotors that are 56 grams each. So if I get these Digirit rotors I can save an additional 8 grams. The rotor surface looks grippy and not smooth like the rubbish Kettle Cycles rotors a couple years ago.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Mep - what should I put on the seat tube? Maybe an “SL” or “RC” ? The factory “RC” is toward the upper part of the seat tube and I think it would be too close to my tiny “Scott” decal located on the top tube. So maybe a little lower towards the bottom of the seat tube? I’ll wait until I get the e*Thirteen crankset to see how far the chainring sticks out before painting another decal.

ImageFelt AR FRD