Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

poynt

by poynt

compared to other makes the use of the barrels (12) is rather basic and ugly and must be 1/3rd of the stems weight. A combo bar-stem would be a lighter and a more elegant solution as well as a lesser chance of ripping a serious amount of skin off.
Nice first try Darimo, keep refining please.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I like the carbon face plate on the Darimo stem. The MCFK and Ax Lightness Rigid stems use aluminum face plates which don’t look as nice. I also like the neck of the Darimo stem being thinner similar to the Ax Lightness stem. The MCFK neck is much fatter and I remember reading a post about how the thick neck of an MCFK stem did not look good with the skinnier diameter of a steel frame top tube.

As for weight someone is saying that 73 gram weight on that Darimo stem is for a 100mm unit. That makes it very close to the 100mm Ax Lightness Rigid stem and much lighter than my 100mm MCFK stem. My 100mm Ax Lightness Zeus stem is still the lightest but it only accepts outdated 25.4 handlebars and is not stiff requiring permanent bonding to be acceptable.

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I am hoping to try some C2works carbon/aluminum axles some day. In the mean time I need axles to hold the bike together. The Extralite axles are the next lightest but they are rather expensive at $88 USD each. The Shiftup carbon axles are now heavier and no longer weigh the claimed 22 grams. Poynt ordered a pair and they came back to something like 29 grams. Those are about $110 USD each. Hardlite is a Ukranian company that makes some nice axels that are competitvely light. They also do nice anodized colors unlike the Extralites. I got both of mine for $84 USD with free shipping. The front was $49 USD and the rear was $35 USD. The combined weight of both axels still weigh less than the factory rear axle the bike frame came with.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Poynt was able to hook me up with these handmade carbon fiber bottom bracket cups. They will work with the 30mm spindle on the e*Thirteen XCX Race cranksets coming in soon. Before you hate on it, just look at it for what it is. Something uber light, something handmade, something unique, and something for a show bike that you would probably not want to race on. These cups belonged to Moyo and he told Poynt that they did not work too well with his THM Clavicula mountain cranks. I freaking love them and cannot stop looking at them because I would not be able to make something like this myself.

I think I am going to do 2 versions of this build per Poynt's suggesstion. One build will be a hyper light bike using an 11 speed mechanical system that I will tune the shit out of. Dremel work to the rear derailleur, using fake tires like the Maxxlites, Powercord shift cables, ect ect ect. 11 speed cassettes and chains are also much lighter than 12 speed. The other build will be the practical build using full on SRAM AXS with heavier more rideable tires. Maybe even get another Fox Stepcast fork and keep the Fit 4 damper on it. I'm hoping that I won't have to go that far and I will love the NDtuned OVR performance :D Anyways, here are some picks of the cool bottom bracket cups.

Do you guys want to see 2 versions of this build? I have some XTR that looks Dremel friendly :P

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The hollow titanium rotor bolts finally came in from China. These only cost $19.99 USD with free shipping. The neochrome RISK bolts cost $12.99 USD and are about 5 grams heavier as a set. I wish RISK made hollow rotor bolts in the rainbow neochrome color but they do not unfortunately. Saving 5 grams is worth not having a little extra color.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 am
The hollow titanium rotor bolts finally came in from China.
Can you please link the product? These bolts are 5g lighter than my current set, can't miss the opportunity.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

One might be considered a Weightweenie when you obsess about finding parts that are no longer available. Although I have the updated e*Thirteen XCX Race crankset on order, I still lusted for the discontinued THM Clavicula DP crankset. I would go to Google images almost every day and type "THM Clavicula DP" into the search function looking for new images. I happened to find one in Poland on OLX. OLX is kind of like Craigslist. People list goods and services on there. I cannot read polish so I started clicking around and was able to send the seller a message through Facebook. He responded and is now shipping the crankset to me. :thumbup: I mentioned earlier that I am not sure how the Boost chainline will work with this but I can save around 40 grams with the THM set up. So, I can use the THM for my mechanical 11 speed save as much weight as possible build. The e*Thirteen crankset will go on the practical SRAM Eagle AXS version build.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Klaster1 - Yes no problem. I actually got the idea of buying these when reading through your thread some time ago. :beerchug:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-L-Super-Tita ... 2749.l2649

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 am
@Klaster1 - Yes no problem. I actually got the idea of buying these when reading through your thread some time ago. :beerchug:

Thank you, order done. I'm humbled by the fact hardcore weenies read my threads.

ATMOS

by ATMOS

godzuki26 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:05 am

I'm getting too, thanks for the link!

poynt

by poynt

fancy saving yet another gram, :D :D more Chinese hollow bolts, unavailable for sale apparently though :twisted: !

Image Image Image

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I will be using the DASH P3 saddle. DASH used to make a bunch of weight weenie style saddles in various shapes and sizes. They also offered tons of customization such as colored Kevlar rails before they went to the standard tubular 3k carbon rails. Really unfortunate as they made some cool ultra light hubs too. They seem to be more focused on triathlon these days. Fortunately, I have 2 of these saddles and can use it for this build. No afterbonding on this saddle as you can see when flipped over. I also have the black Kevlar rails which look much nicer than the later and current 3K option.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The Berk combo looks much nicer to me. Blacked out the Maxxis tires. The yellow in your face logos ruined the look of the bike. I like the purple Hardlite axles. A tiny bit of color didn’t hurt.

ImageFelt AR FRD

thedanplasse

by thedanplasse

+1 on the Berk
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6
2018 Specialized Tarmac Expert Sl5

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components