Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Slammed

by Slammed

Super nice man. The build turned out really good.

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

Carbon brake levers will drop you under 6kg :mrgreen:
:twisted:
Ride fast Take chances

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Alexbn921 - I know right? I really wanted those levers but was sad when R2bike waited 4 months to tell me they were not available after I had already paid for them. Life goes on. I can actually break 6000 grams if I use the Dash P3 Saddle and Darimo T1 seat post which I donated for free to my neighbor for a Vietnamese Iced Coffee. I gave away the seatpost because I dislike the little weasel that made it.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

AnkitS

by AnkitS

I need neighbors like you. They just glare at me while I'm cleaning my bike once a week.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Why didn't you go for a lighter gear shifting components, like 1x11 RD-M9000? I mean, my Xshifter/9000 combo is 90g lighter than a stock Eagle AXS and cassette choice is limited by max cog size only, it should work with 12s too. 11s speed wide cassette would be lighter too, same for chain.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Klaster_1 - I knew from the beginning that an 11 speed mechanical setup would be much lighter. I also knew that using a non Boost 100mm wide fork in the front would be lighter too. I have been out of mountain biking for a very long time and wanted this build to be updated with the latest standards despite the weight penalty. The challenge was to use 12 speed, Boost, front suspension and Wireless drivetrain and still be under 6000 grams which I unfortunately missed by about 20 grams. The Dash P3 saddle and Darimo seatpost was 30 grams lighter than the Berk combo which had me at 5990 grams. I didnt post scale shots in that configuration for the reasons I have mentioned already.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Marin

by Marin

Can't you go to an e13 cassette to break the 6kg barrier?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Marin - the e13 cassette is heavier than the Ingrid cassette I am using. The Ingrid I have on here is 307 grams which is currently the lightest 12 speed cassette available. After this one wears out I will get the e13 because the Ingrid was hell of expensive.
Last edited by godzuki26 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The e13 cassettes are creaky as hell

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@robbosmans - I heard that the Garbaruk cassettes creak like crazy too. KCNC just released some 52T cassettes that weigh 325 grams. Lighter than SRAM but still heavier than Ingrid.....but 52T so maybe lighter from teeth to weight measurement.

Weightweenie member Jobvisser contacted me saying he can make me a low profile Carbon dustcap. This is definitely cool. Here is the weight of the standard aluminum dustcap that the frame came with. Not only will carbon look better, it will also reduce the weight significantly... in the 1 gram range. I am so excited to have custom one off parts hand made for this build. Boost axles, hub axles, bottom bracket, headset topcaps, all the Hopp stuff and now a dustcap for the headset. I feel special!

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I’m working on getting these parts from China too. Making the titanium derailleur springs by hand was extremely difficult. I would much rather just buy them and Arena Ti makes them for both SRAM Eagle and SRAM Red. These springs drop about 5 additional grams. They also make derailleur hanger units for Road bikes that are very similar to what FastDad made. Their carbon pulleys are also lighter than Extralite.

ImageFelt AR FRD

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Does arena ti have a website?
How are you liking that chain so far?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Robbosmans - Arena Ti does not have a website. You can get them on TaoBao which is Chinese Amazon like site. If you don’t speak or read Chinese then it is very difficult to navigate the site. The chain shifts fine so far. I never used the SRAM chain so I really can’t compare the two. It shifts quietly, looks cool, is lighter, and was only $59 USD. It reminds me of a KMC DLC chain which is on all my bikes.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

godzuki26 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:26 pm
The challenge was to use 12 speed, Boost, front suspension and Wireless drivetrain
That's a respectable challenge, thanks for clarifying.
godzuki26 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:18 pm
@Robbosmans - Arena Ti does not have a website. You can get them on TaoBao which is Chinese Amazon like site. If you don’t speak or read Chinese then it is very difficult to navigate the site.
Found the site, but you can't even search or navigate beyond first products page without registration. Do they have springs for other RDs? I'm looking for M9000 and R9100 springs. Last year I asked J&L if they can produce such a spring, they tried, but the result was "too tight and only works with our custom RD cage", which I doubt.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

&Klaster_1 - they only make 2 versions of the spring. They make them for SRAM Red and they make larger diameter ones for SRAM Eagle. They don't make Shimano springs.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=542 ... 1565.2.2_0

Not bad for about $25 USD.... considering it took me hours/days to make mine. To bend your own you have to buy extra long titanium rods in order to get proper leverage to bend them into a spring. The longer the rods, the higher the price was....... much more than $25 USD :unbelievable:

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com