Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@liketoride - Yes, I also experienced knee pain when I first started riding on the trainer indoors. My left knee would hurt so bad that it also carried over to having shin splints on the left side. I thought maybe it was caused by bad form and trying to ride up Alp de Zwift on a 26 tooth cassette on the highest difficulty setting under the Zwift settings. I switched to a 32 tooth rear cassette thinking that would help and I can go from a 75 rpm cadence to a 90 rpm cadence. The persistent pain still did not go away. I thought maybe it was the positioning of my cleats. I adjusted those. The pain still persisted. Maybe I needed some better shoes so I purchased a pair of Shimano Sphyre RC9 shoes in the matching blue color.....That still didn't do anything. Maybe my floor is uneven and I need to adjust the height of each foot on the legs of the trainer? I did this and the pain still remained. Then I started doing some research and someone forwarded me a link to Traxxion Dynamics where Max (owner) talked about and explained Zwift trainer settings. It is there where I stumbled across his rocker plate. I gave Max a phone call and he answered all the amateurish questions I asked him regarding Zwift. He also explained to me the benefits of using a rocker plate and how it will result in more comfort on a stationary trainer. I was instantly sold and placed an order right on the spot. Since using the Axxion Rocker Plate religiously, I no longer have left knee pain or that bone shattering pain in my shin. I was seriously ready to give up on indoor cycling because of the nagging and sometimes severe discomfort I was experiencing. So, I will say that the Axxion Rocker plate was 100% necessary for me. Without it, I would have quit Zwift. Shoot Max an email or give him a call some time. Your issue with maybe having uneven floors like I have are easily fixed using this rocker plate with counter balance weights. My opinion is his rocker plate is the real deal and a game changer for ME.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Godzuki what you have is not a problem, it's a gift.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

A beautiful gift

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

liketoride

by liketoride

Yes can you please make a video of you riding it for me when you get back?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@liketoride - I'm still in the mountains away from home but take a look at this pic. The top shows Riche Porte smashing it up hill out of the saddle. The bottom pic shows Max doing a standing effort on his Axxion Rocker Plate. Notice the angle to which the bike leans when his left pedal is down and vice versa. The lean is not as exagerated as Riche Porte's 1100 watt effort on the Axxion Rocker Plate but you can see that the orientation of the bike is correct. In contrast, checkout the video of the Saris MP1 lady.

:arrow: Riche Porte smashing it up hill video
:arrow: Max standing on Axxion Rocker Plate video
:arrow: Saris woman riding the Saris MP1

ImageFelt AR FRD

liketoride

by liketoride

What about high seated power? 400+w?

liketoride

by liketoride

With all the videos i see of max riding the platform looks like it is like my old Tacx Neo where when you are seated and putting power down the bike leans to the pedal side not away like the out of the saddle pics above, i was wondering if you could confirm that was happening?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@liketoride - seated high power efforts feel great on the rocker plate. When seated and Spinning at super high cadence the rocker plate seems to move less when you bring up the rpms. If your form is not as good and you are mashing while seated the rocker plate will rock a little bit more. I like to keep it stabilized and focus on form without stomping or rocking my hips. But to your question it feels more natural on the plate than it does without the plate. I have not video taped myself or really paid attention to seated efforts when putting out higher efforts. All I can say is I am comfortable and that’s all that really matters......but I am curious now.
Last edited by godzuki26 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Do you think this will make me faster in Zwift? No significant weight penalty too.

ImageFelt AR FRD

liketoride

by liketoride

well you should is the answer, you should gain a 1-3w from the chain bends so you should pick it up in the trainer. Please do look into it for me because all the video's i see of max look like the neo and lean in

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@liketoride- I don’t really see it in this video. There is also red laser to show the center line. The orientation of the rocker while pedaling seated looks normal to me. Again, it is hard to spot unless riding with bad exaggerated form while rocking hips. This rider is much bigger and heavier than me and is pedaling smoothly. Can you see the rocker going in the wrong direction? I can’t spot it because he is riding smoothly.

:arrow: Seated pedaling on TACX NEO

ImageFelt AR FRD

liketoride

by liketoride

yeah i can see the laser favoring the right side when the right pedal is down but that is what the neo does on its own so it is not a good example of what the rocker plate is doing. if you can spare the time i would love a laser down the center of your bike riding it to see if it favors the pedal size or not on the wahoo

Mep

by Mep

Wow, what a read! Loved following along your thought process. I was always curious why you went Kickr when you seem to like fancy lights, which the Neo has in abundance. There are certainly more add-on options in the Wahoo lineup though, so that makes sense. Looking forward to your next long post, which needs to be longer than this one to be crowned longest WW post.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Mep - thanks for the compliments. Yes there will be a long post coming soon as I have to build another Scott Scale 900 SL in size Medium. In road biking You can get away with sizing down but in mountain biking it does not work well. The size small feels a little sketchy and twitchy for me. I am a true size medium so that is what I am getting for mountain biking. The wife can have the current size small and maybe we can go together. I’ll write about that too. Lol.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

My bike needs a change so I threw on a new top cap. It’s a weight weenie part so it may be of some interest. These are carbon top caps made by Carbonschmiede. They are conical in shape like the aluminum ones you see from Absolute Black. I prefer the look of carbon and I got one in UD and one in 1K weave. Pair it with a Schmolke carbon bolt and it looks much nicer than a conical aluminum top cap. I did need to file down the Schmolke countersunk bolt so that it lies flush with the Carbonschmiede top cap.

ImageFelt AR FRD