Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Marin

by Marin

Wow, inspiring!

Won't flex much I suppose

Maddie

by Maddie

Looks great, thanks for sharing. I also find it very inspiring. Will be very interested to hear what you say after a couple of rides.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

After a few days I gave this a final weighing. There is huge weight saving potential doing something like this. The final result is still very heavy for weight weenie standards but the starting point was already heavy to begin with as I opted for cheap Chinese carbon over the boutique german carbon. I wanted to experiment with painting the carbon blue and seeing how it turns out.

Start: seatpost 31.6 x 420mm = 277 grams
Start: saddle = 93 grams
Total: 370 grams

Final: Blue-licious combo 31.6 x 400mm = 191 grams

.....sooo I saved 179 grams but chopped about 20mm off the 420mm starting point.

Tomorrow I shall test this out on the trails. Something in the same length at 130-140 grams is possible if I use the wonderful German carbon (Schmolke TLO seatpost + Ax Lightness Saddle).

Last edited by godzuki26 on Fri May 21, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Blue-licious is my new thing. My Trickstuff Piccolas with Hopp Carbon upgrades are lightest available but how about some old school Formula R1s that are 330 grams after I carved up the levers and replaced all hardware with blue titanium hardware (bleed screws, bleed screw caps, brake line connector kit, pad retention bolts, lever axles with screws, clamp bolts, hollow caliper bolts) from Titaniumplanet.com? But still not light enough so how about some carbon clamps to get the pair down to 321 grams. Yes please.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

That seat looks like it has zero give. I bet it would be very uncomfortable for any real riding.
Ride fast Take chances

scant

by scant

Alexbn921 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:15 pm
That seat looks like it has zero give. I bet it would be very uncomfortable for any real riding.
I had a smud full carbon saddle for about a month. zero give. after only 2hrs of riding it was unpleasant, so I sold it. fizik gobi 00 or antares 00 is more 165g, but I can ride either of those for 12hours in relative comfort. I hear other full carbon saddles have more flex & are more comfortable, but its 1 aspect where i'll take the extra comfort every time.

Godzuki26, what do you think of the trick stuff brakes?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I never tried this home bonding job with the expectation of having a cushy comfortable seat. I already discussed how the Berk combo I originally had on this bike was too stiff to fully enjoy. It certainly looks cool though :mrgreen:

I ran into a big problem when attempting to mount the combo. I used too much clear coat. I had to sand it all off to make it fit the frame. Lesson learned.

Took the bike out for 45 minutes wearing board shorts and no chamois. As expected, stiff as one would expect. I lasted about 45 minutes before I said I'm all done. Inspected the combo when I got home and snapped some pics. No damage, cracking, or anything to be concerned with. Will do a long ride tomorrow wearing my Rapha roadie kit.

Trickstuff brakes are the best. Although the tuned Formula R1s are close in weight, they do not compare in modulation, stopping power, and relative low maintenance. If you can get your hands on some I highly recommend it. Unfortunately they are expensive as hell and not readily in stock.

ImageFelt AR FRD

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Damn the mtb looks great, must feel crazy on the climbs. Is the GC stuff holding up ok?

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@robbosmans - thanks. I have been enjoying the bike so far. The GrigioCarbonio stuff is top notch. After the new, this is weightweenie boutique newness wore off, I treated it like any other bike part and no issues. I do check the torque settings from time time time though especially in the stem. I have to be extra careful because the handle bar is an amazing 81 grams.

The home saddle/post combo was fine after a long ride yesterday. The stiffness due to lack of rails is clearly evident even when wearing one of my more comfortable chamois. However, I was really able to go as long as I wanted to without feeling too uncomfortable. The Berk combo was actually stiffer than this cheapo combo. Maybe it's because the saddle has a noticeable amount of flex to begin with.

Now that the saddle/post combo seems durable, it will be transferred to my wife's mountain bike. Her bike has all the Blue-licious accents. I'm still keeping the rainbow accents. My wife is 100lbs and I don't see it even being possible for her to break the seatpost unless she crashes it.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Little mushroom "Kinoko" bike is now ready for this weekend. Hopefully wife won't hate it like the Cannondale Evo.

With full 100mm front suspension her bike is only 100 grams less than mine.

ImageFelt AR FRD

arhistudio

by arhistudio

You bike is awsome! But, where did you get this Formula R1R carbon clamps? Thank you.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@arhistudio- this is your first post! Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the compliment. The clamps are made by Carbonschmiede and I got them from a German online retailer called Speedwareshop. The link to the clamps are:

https://speedwareshop.de/Speedware-Carb ... Formula-R1

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The power of electronic shifting on a beginner. An experienced rider would feel something off and back off pedaling. A beginner will just keep pedaling until the derailleur hangar rips off the frame making the frame a total loss. However, for something like this to happen, it was mainly caused by my poor set up of the bike. Check out the pics. Is this bad? Fortunately, my wife wasn't injured.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Marin

by Marin

Ooops! Sorry to see that, good that your wife wasn't hurt

jorisee01

by jorisee01

How was this caused by your setup?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk