Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

After some Godzuki sanding love, the weights are better than I expected. Win! 254.8g for one rim and 256.3g for the other. I have already reached out to Charlie@Berd and will be sending my rims to them. Charlie@Berd will build the wheels and I am excited. If my calculations are correct these wheels will be under 1000 grams. I could have gone lighter with a 24 x 24 spoke count but that seemed a little ridiculous even for me. So I am going with a more reliable 28 x 28 spoke count.

With some water splashed on them to show what they would look like with gloss clear coat.

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Very nice looking rims and exceptional weight especially at that price!!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Burglarboycie - thanks man! So far, the frame and wheelset are in road bike territory for weights. Too bad the fork isn't 300 grams. Lol

ImageFelt AR FRD

CXrider

by CXrider

Maybe you can use the Berd PolyLight spokes, shave an additional 100 grams off the wheelset.

wfcarrot

by wfcarrot

Is there duties shipping bike frames from Bike24?
2018 Sworks Tarmac SL6 - 7.2kg
2017 Colnago C60 - 6.29kg

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Cxrider - I will be using Berd spokes. I will be sending my rims and hubs to Berd today. We have already been in contact :thumbup:

@Wfcarrot - no I was not hit with import taxes. I purchase from Bike24, R2bike, Hibike, Bikeonline, and Starbike and have never been hit with Import tax. All the retailers mentioned above use DHL for shipping which USPS takes over and completes the delivery in the USA. The only time I was ever hit with a hefty import tax was when I purchased some Hyperclimb wheels directly from Extralite. The difference there was Extralite did not use DHL. Instead they used UPS which was a more expensive service to begin with. When using UPS, USPS did not complete the delivery in the USA. On top of that, Extralite declared the value of the wheelset on the commercial invoice in order to insure it through UPS which flags it for customs. It was the brown truck and I had to write a check for the import tax to the UPS driver or he would not give me the wheelset :(
Last edited by godzuki26 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Okay, I'll let you off blue-balling us on the Yonex with this thread.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@MichaelK - I am sorry. I thought people would forget about that Yonex Carbonex. I still have it and after sanding it down it will be under 600 grams. I am predicting 585 to 590 grams. There are no build threads for a Yonex on here and I am sure it will interest many people. I still haven't even finished the Litespeed T1SL. Both frames are collecting dust with one of them still in Japan. My wife is not letting me ride road right now because she thinks it is too dangerous. Hence my sudden switch and interest in mountain bikes. She will eventually get over it and I will resume road bike interest again really soon. I'm following RyanH's SuperX too as that bike interests me and can be off the busy streets of Southern California.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Slammed

by Slammed

You probably could of gotten away with 24 spokes on the front and maybe the rear, but I guess it's probably not worth it when your spokes are 2.5g each.

poynt

by poynt

if only they were Slammed, by the time you add in all the inserts, bars and nipples for a 29" wheel your looking at 3.1g

28 spokes

damond

by damond

what's the width of those rims by the way? :D

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Damond - Carbonfan has so many choices. What I got is:

T800 Skyweight rims -> Outer Width 27mm -> Depth 23mm ->Size 29er -> Spoke Holes 28H -> Nipple drilling External 4.5mm - > Weave 3K Twill -> Finish Paintless

Check out how light Poynt's 27.5 rims are. 234g and 235g. I have not seen this light anywhere else.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I got the fork and the Hopp frame parts today. Thank you Poynt! I had to buy another gram scale today because my little scales max out at 1000 grams. I really like the RyanH dual duty gram scale so I copied his ass and ordered one for myself. This scale maxes out at 10000 grams so it should cover everything I need to weigh and I can stop using that piece of shit Park hanging scale. After I get it tomorow, I'll cut the steerer and post a final weight on the fork. For now, this thing looks nice in all black. The Kashima gold stancions would have not been stealth enough for me.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The weight savings on the Hopp frame parts are pretty significant. When playing with the aluminum port covers, they feel much heavier. If you are curious, I weighed everything.

ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

I don't know if I'm happy (for my wallet) or sad that Hopp doesn't make parts for road bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com