Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to avoid using any type of spray because it will potentially smear or bleed the paint. I am using an eraser off of a pencil ✏️ and this seems to be working well so far. I just need to be careful especially around the edges. I’m going to try and spray paint this weekend.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Darimo Seatpost is here in 31.6mm x 400mm @ 88.5 grams including the cradle/yokes/Dyneema rope. Weight is very good and right on target as advertised. The Dyneema rope system is very interesting and innovative. Upon closer look, it seems like it has been colored and the base is white. This means I will probably end up coloring my Berd spokes black as well. Maybe I can get a Dyneema saddle if someone makes one some day. :mrgreen:

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sun May 19, 2019 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Time to paint the decal on. I went with a smaller decal than stock because the size of my Scott decal on the top tube was too similar in size. They need to be different sizes to not look too cluttered.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Choosing a smaller decal for the Darimo worked out well. The default size would have looked too similar to the Scott decal.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Mon May 27, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Coming along slowly. I still need a few more parts before I clear coat the frame. I want to get all the parts at once when I attempt the matte clear coat. The bike still looks rather stealth to me. Maybe a small decal on the stem in the future?

ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

This is good content, definietly black out the spokes.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Dudemanppl - my brother, thank you. Hey I need the critical eye right now. Did I spray the Darimo decal a little bit crooked? It has been bothering me all day and I am not 100% sure. I don't want to realize it is crooked after I blast it with matte clear.

Yes, if you look closer, the Dyneema looks like it has been colored so I will paint the Berd spokes black tomorrow morning. If the Darimo decal is crooked, I will acetone it off and re do it too.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Wouldn't it be crazy/cool if you spray all the spokes the same colour as your decals?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Looks perfectly in line to me, comparing it to the weave at least.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Dudemanppl - ok cool thanks. I will just leave it then.

@Kayrehn - I thought of that and tested the Tamiya PS-46 paint on the spare spoke and it would just repel off spoke even after 5 coats. I would need to paint the spoke black first and the spray the Tamiya colorshift on. The problem will be getting into the areas closest to the hubs. I wonder if it will look stupid if I start the colorshift from the spoke holes from the outer perimeter of if the spoke and stop spraying about half way down?

ImageFelt AR FRD

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Hm... It will look unique for sure, but I don't think I personally am ready for that look. But you do you man, and there's always the option of painting it all the way if it doesn't work out

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Spray painting black didn’t seem to work well. Plus it is difficult to do after the wheels are already built up. Paint pen method works well for me. Still not finished but getting there.

ImageFelt AR FRD

poynt

by poynt

Hope the black works, as then I'll have no excuse not to try the Berds on my next wheelset! We can see if they really are lighter then, my estimate is a max of 20g saving over the Pillars.

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

What grit is the surface you are painting over? Rough up where you are painting with something less fine. That will make the paint stick way better. Also spray coats a lot thinner. I can see the layer pooling up on mask.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Hey Kevin. The surface was smoothed out with 800 grit. So too smooth. I also got a little crazy with the paint when I noticed after the 4th coat that I was still able to see the carbon fiber underneath. So on the 5th coat I went too thick causing the pooling. Yes, this will be a definite re do as I got a little impatient towards the end.

I just ordered the GrigioCarbonio T1000 stem in -17x100mm from Dreambikes. I requested black hardware/bolts and black decals over the default gold as seen on their website. Dreambikes said that would not be a problem. 59 gram 100mm mountain stem is sensational. Can you bond it for me when I get it?

http://www.dream-bikes.it/shop/it/564-g ... mondo.html
Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat May 25, 2019 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD