Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. With my Covid 19 paincave [pg 44]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

This is epic

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jbass

by Jbass

Very nice build! Great work.

muffinman

by muffinman

Yo that paint is sick

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Love your work on all bike frames you did up to now., was exited on this build like the other ones. Paintwork , tuning , modifying , paint stripping - nothing is wierd to you. All I can do is take my hat off for you ..

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Thanks everyone for the compliments. One thing I did forget was to ask VinyDisorder to make “Hopp” decals. I wanted to put one on the drive side chainstay. So I will do that once I get the Darimo stem, Handle bar, and seat post.

I just ordered some Maxxis Maxxlite tires. They are a 2.0 width tire which is narrow and does not seem to be the trend these days. However it is the lightest option next to the Furious Freds so I will start there. I also ordered some Tubolito S-Tubes and some 21mm aluminum presta valve extenders to replace the steel ones they come with. I used to run Stans tubeless back in the day and it was around 60 grams of Stans fluid to fill one 26er rim. Since I am dealing now with a 29er, I assume it will be more than 60 grams. The Tubolitos are claimed at 45 grams. I also ordered some Velo plugs to use instead of rim tape. Some huge weight savings there but still unsure if Velo plugs are safe to use with Tubolito tubes. If anyone knows please let me know.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

are you just practing on the fork.. or is this MTB not getting a suspension fork ? Maybe I missed the post ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@spdntrxi - that rigid fork is from a Scott Addict road bike that I am not using. Yes it was only used to practice spraying the decals. I will be using a Fox Stepcast 32 fork with the NDtuned internals.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Ohhhhh *f##k* it!!!!!

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

With some primer

ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

bruh if youre gonna put bs tires on it, dont bother with a suspension fork....

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Dudemanppl - yes my yellow brother. I already have a pair of Rocket Rons and Racing Ralphs on order. I had Furious Fred's on my 26ers for 1 day before I realized they sucked balls and needed to be replaced. This is a sub 6000 gram attempt so heck yes I will put the lightest available on there first. I'll probably hate the Maxxlites just as much as the Fred's but who knows I may like them.

Edit: I am trying to get on RyanH's Show us your sub-6kg builds thread. Wouldn't it be groovy to get a mountain bike on there?

ImageFelt AR FRD

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Carry on, love you godzuki

scant

by scant

@godzuki26, why did you paint strip the fork, then primer them? going for a new colour?

I run 2ounces of sealant in 29er without issue, but i'm running 600g maxxis ikon exo with fairly thick sidewalls <where I live & ride its pretty rocky> & the thicker sidewalls generally require less sealant. generally thinner/lighter tyres can require more sealant. the furious fred on my hardtail certainly required more, but for me its worth the slight weight penalty knowing thorn type punctures normally seal up, rather than having to stop & fix a puncture.
if you're going for ultimate lightness.. I know you are! then Tubolitos it is :)

Orbital

by Orbital

Also curious about the fork treatment.

serious1

by serious1

What did you use to strip the fork and how long did it take? Great build! Happy to see more MTB builds here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com