Godzuki26 thinks there needs to be a Weightweenie Scott Scale 900 SL build in the USA. So here we go!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mep

by Mep

I like the Berk better too, but can't say I'm not biased towards road racing silhouettes. A true MTBer could have a different preference.

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The DASH P3 saddle does look funky and awkward but it is surprisingly comfortable. Becker also used to make a snub nosed saddle years ago which I unfortunately never had the chance to try out. These noseless saddles always reminded me of some of the 80s saddles I used in BMX when I was a kid.

As for weight, as unorthodox as the DASH/Darimo combo looks, (snub nose/Dyneema rope) it is an outstanding 129 grams for a 400mm length. The Berk combo built around the Tune Speedneedle shell weighs around 160 grams. I can always use my more traditional shaped DASH M4 saddle which is 44 grams. I really cannot get myself to spend around $600 USD for a Gelu K3 saddle when I have not even purchased the AXS shifter\derailleur. I am still waiting for AXS to be broken up and sold separately.

I have plenty of time. It looks like another 8 weeks waiting time for the Trickstuff Piccola brakes. They are in high demand and one must get in line now to get them.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

What a deal! 8 days left! Do I jump on this, or do I wait to see if Hopp comes up with a fully tuned carbon AXS rear derailleur? I am pretty sure he is working on something amazing so it may be wiser for me to wait.

http://bikeonline.it/en/mountain-bike/2 ... 00000.html

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I already ordered parts for the THM Clavicula DP crankset I should be getting soon from Poland. I ordered an Extralite OctaOne 32T chainring to go with the crank. I never knew that these chainrings have threaded holes in them which allows the female part of a chainring bolt to not be used. This is very clever as it saves weight. I got some Extralite chainring bolts to match the chainring. I'll save the female bolt pieces as spares I guess.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I have already had a bad experience breaking the carbon spyder of a THM crank. What I did was attach the chainring bolt directly to the carbon spyder which caused the failure. I fell pretty hard and my handlebar slammed into my ribs. It was very unpleasant. Thus, it is absolutely necessary to purchase chainring tabs to support the carbon spyder. I ordered some chainring tabs from Wickwerks. I also ordered longer Wickwerks chainring bolts as well as spacers so I can play around witht he Boost chainline. The longer Wickwerks bolts are the same weight as the Extralites. I cringe every time I see a picture of a 3T exploro/Strada with a THM Clavicula SE crank set up as 1x with no supporting spyder tabs.

Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I am bored as hell so I need to try and save weight on a crankset that I have not received yet. The Wickwerks aluminum chainring tabs are rather heavy. Carbon would be much lighter. I have an unused 130BCD carbon bashring in my parts bin. I will use that to make some lighter tabs.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

So, with the carbon chainring tabs, the male chainring bolts, and the chainring the entire system weighs 35 grams. This is still lighter than a Direct Mount chainring from other brands. Let's see how the hyped e*Thirteen XCXR cranks weigh compared to this older stuff. The XCXR crank arms and 32T chainring is claimed at 392 grams. I am certain it will not be lighter than 392 grams. Most likely it will be heavier on the 400 to 410 gram range. The THM Clavicula DP I am estimating at 345 grams with crank arms, 32t chainring, 4x chainring tabs, and 4x male chainring bolts.

ImageFelt AR FRD

BRZeer

by BRZeer

Du ma my 32t is 34 grams..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Your tabs are 0.5g lighter Fibrelyte.
Attachments
IMG_20190613_154208.jpg
Fibrelyte CF chainring tabs

Marin

by Marin

Hmm I have an unused carbon bashring too...

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@Marin - do it. It is super easy. Took less than 10 minutes. Who the heck still uses a 130BCD bashring these days anyways? Much easier to just order from Fibrelyte but why not use stuff from your parts bin instead?

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The Ingrid cassette came in from Italy. It looks very high quality and the weight is outstanding. It is about a 55 gram weight savings over the SRAM Eagle. From what I have seen online, this Ingrid cassette is the lightest 12 speed cassette that is available. It is competitively priced to about the same price as the SRAM. I think the Ingrid cassette looks much nicer but I have yet to comment on it's shifting quality, ect. Black chainring with black cassette looks much nicer than a black chainring with rainbow cassette combo in my opinion. A rainbow chain mated to black on black will look good and will be just enough pop to not be an eye sore.

I have been talking with Poynt and he mentioned that "upgrading" to a 12 speed system from an XTR 11 speed system is about a +400 gram weight penalty......at least for him. 11 speed cassettes, chains, and derailleurs are much lighter than newer 12 speed systems. KMC is releasing a 12 speed chain but I have not read anything about a KMC 12 speed "SL" chain as of yet. Maybe that will help some :)

I am not used to the massive size of these 50t cassettes. It looks like a compact front chainring. I am so outdated and not used to this.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The THM Clavicula DP crankset have arrived. These were a little bit heavier than I expected. I have not received my e*Thirteen XCXR cranks yet but I am certain they will be heavier than the THMs.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Stripped down the crank arms and preload cap with bolt weigh 312 grams. My original plan was to have a 315 ish gram crank and strip it to sub 300 grams based on my circa 2012 cranks weight. These cranks unfortunately weighed much more.

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

godzuki26

by godzuki26

With the Extralite Octaone chainring, Extralite chainring bolts, and chainring protector tabs the system weighs 349 grams. Compared to the Eagle Dub crank/chainring Combo at 425 grams, this is a massive weight savings.

ImageFelt AR FRD