Kazyole's Cervelo RCA: 5.3kg (New pics on page 3)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kazyole

by Kazyole

dudemanppl wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:39 pm
You forgot the most important thing... the weight!
Whoops! 5.3kg ready to ride, or 11.68lbs.

Weight includes pedals, cages, wahoo mount, and elemnt bolt head unit.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Thats wild af... If you swapped the cranks to a DUB Quarq with MK V rings, you'd save about 90g though. ;) Plus they're 599 brand new.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kazyole

by Kazyole

dudemanppl wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:52 pm
Thats wild af... If you swapped the cranks to a DUB Quarq with MK V rings, you'd save about 90g though. ;) Plus they're 599 brand new.
I know I saw your post about that! Crazy. I think the Origin will be staying for the foreseeable future though. Too new to abandon it that quickly. Maybe in another year ;)

integration

by integration

SUPERNICE! :beerchug:

Kazyole

by Kazyole

integration wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:26 pm
SUPERNICE! :beerchug:
I made sure to put it in biggie smalls, just for you :wink:

Seedster

by Seedster

This build is perfect. Brilliant parts selection, I would not change a thing. Congratulations

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Seedster wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 am
This build is perfect. Brilliant parts selection, I would not change a thing. Congratulations
Thank you!

Now I just need to wear out my brake pads so I can replace them with the Corimas sitting on my counter.

EDIT: Re-compiled and added the full build list with weights to the new picture post on Page 3.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I've weighed wheels before and after airing them up and air is like 11-13g LOL so that may explain it.

SQUICCHI

by SQUICCHI

Hi, Kazyole if you look at my bike now the weight is 5270gr.....definitely your set of seatpost, stem, and handlebar is really light.
I have plan to replace the Tufo Hi carbon tubular with the Elite jet ones, I should remove 200gr.
I increased the weight because I installed the Hambini Bottom bracket which is 125 gr, quite heavy but very stiff and not creaking at all.

I suggest you to replace the seatpost clamp.......you told me that Darimo is making one custom made for you.....please when ready show us some picture.....

here the last picture of my bike......

Kazyole

by Kazyole

dudemanppl wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 am
I've weighed wheels before and after airing them up and air is like 11-13g LOL so that may explain it.
Interesting! I hadn't thought of that. Either way it's close enough. Some combination of air in the tires, the SRM magnet, and now that I think of it the electrical tape that my shop used to finish off my bar tape. Either way it's all stuff I can't really get rid of, and a fairly inconsequential source of weight.

I definitely want to do the seatpost collar once Darimo starts making bike parts again and I might do a little bolt tuning just to do it, but I'm pretty comfortable with the current weight.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Also electrical tape is usually around 4-5g for a bike. ;P I somehow didn't even notice this bike had clinchers. Makes the weight even more ridiculous!

Kazyole

by Kazyole

SQUICCHI wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:44 pm
Hi, Kazyole if you look at my bike now the weight is 5270gr.....definitely your set of seatpost, stem, and handlebar is really light.
I have plan to replace the Tufo Hi carbon tubular with the Elite jet ones, I should remove 200gr.
Very nice! Closing in on that magical 5kg! 200g off of your tires should feel really significant.

dudemanppl wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:18 pm
Also electrical tape is usually around 4-5g for a bike. ;P I somehow didn't even notice this bike had clinchers. Makes the weight even more ridiculous!
Yeah, unfortunately I live in an apartment and don't really have the room in my life for a wheelset that isn't also viable as an everyday kind of thing. Though Squicchi's build makes me kind of way to say screw it, buy a pair of extralite carboclimbs alongside some elite jets and put the build under 5kg. By my estimation 780g for the wheelset + 160g/tire and not having to have tubes would put me at 1100g for the wheels and tires, + lets say 15g for glue. And I'd lose 1128 for my AX lightness wheels, 3g in rim tape, 448g in veloflex tires, and 82g in tubolito tubes. So ~546g saved that would put the build at around 4764g, with all the weight coming off being rotational weight at the rim, and thus the weight that counts most.

It's....tempting...

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

This is perfect. Saw it on Reddit - lovely spec list.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

How does those Corima wheels feel?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Kazyole

by Kazyole

brusselsprouts wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 am
This is perfect. Saw it on Reddit - lovely spec list.
Thanks! I don't know how to feel, being basically out of plans for it (at the moment) beyond the seatpost collar. With how this build came about...buying the dengfu fm098, upgrading it a bit, upgrading the frameset to an R5, upgrading it a bunch, upgrading the frameset to the RCA, and then finally upgrading the parts on the RCA...it's been a long process where there's always been a clear next step in my mind.

There are a few things still to do. I'll put the corima pads on when I wear out my currents, maybe replace the i-links with AICANs or Vertebrae eventually, maybe a little bolt tuning, but on the whole I'm about out of schemes for this one. I guess nothing to do but ride and enjoy it.

What will probably actually happen is that I'll manage to convince myself that tubulars aren't that big of a practicality hit...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com