Gurk's S-Works Tarmac SL6 Ultralight (5.69kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

aaaaaaaaand Dura-Ace 9150 di2 now (switched from etap). Extralite Streeters in as well.
Turns out my compression plug wasn't actually stock! So got the stock one which was much lighter and very secure.
Still no good photos cause too busy riding the crap out of it!

rexyi1990
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

by rexyi1990

Great black knight!

by Weenie


gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

rexyi1990 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 am
Great black knight!
:beerchug:

gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

Ok One last update with semi decent photos and parts list. I don't have the insane photo skills, knowledge and gear of some of our members here so probably can't ever do justice to it but this will do.

I don't think I'll be changing stuff going forward.
Raced the bike as seen/listed last weekend and love it.

Next will probably be a MTB!

dudemanppl
Posts: 893
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 am

by dudemanppl

Hmmm I have a MTB for sale... ;)

gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

dudemanppl wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:49 am
Hmmm I have a MTB for sale... ;)
how many kidneys? ;)

need a couple more side gigs to save the dough! maybe around october :shock:

gfinkee
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:57 pm

by gfinkee

great bike! how come you use 165mm long cranks?

gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

gfinkee wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm
great bike! how come you use 165mm long cranks?
Short torso, long legs. I wanted to have a longer saddle height. When I'm tucked in an aero position on flats or descends, my knees hit my chest on 172.5mm cranks.


gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 pm
looking good man!
Thanks duuuude! I just need YOU to take my bike's photos :lol: :beerchug:

Bianchi10
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm

by Bianchi10

gurk700 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 am
Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 pm
looking good man!
Thanks duuuude! I just need YOU to take my bike's photos :lol: :beerchug:
:lol: Haha I wish we lived near one another!

User avatar
Noctiluxx
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: Southern California

by Noctiluxx

Bianchi10 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 pm
gurk700 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 am
Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 pm
looking good man!
Thanks duuuude! I just need YOU to take my bike's photos :lol: :beerchug:
:lol: Haha I wish we lived near one another!
Hey bud, May I ask where you purchased the wall mount cube shelves pictured on your Instagram for helmets/shoes? Thanks!
Attachments
shelve.jpg
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0

Bianchi10
Posts: 815
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm

by Bianchi10

Noctiluxx wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:11 am
Bianchi10 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 pm
gurk700 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 am
Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 pm
looking good man!
Thanks duuuude! I just need YOU to take my bike's photos :lol: :beerchug:
:lol: Haha I wish we lived near one another!
Hey bud, May I ask where you purchased the wall mount cube shelves pictured on your Instagram for helmets/shoes? Thanks!
I think I got them at Ikea. They were on the floor in that photo. I just had a white sheet behind it. They are fairly inexpensive. :beerchug:

gfinkee
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:57 pm

by gfinkee

gurk700 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 pm
gfinkee wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm
great bike! how come you use 165mm long cranks?
Short torso, long legs. I wanted to have a longer saddle height. When I'm tucked in an aero position on flats or descends, my knees hit my chest on 172.5mm cranks.
How do you feel about accelerations? i assume you are a more of a spinner than a grinder?

gurk700
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:40 pm

by gurk700

gfinkee wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 am
gurk700 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 pm
gfinkee wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm
great bike! how come you use 165mm long cranks?
Short torso, long legs. I wanted to have a longer saddle height. When I'm tucked in an aero position on flats or descends, my knees hit my chest on 172.5mm cranks.
How do you feel about accelerations? i assume you are a more of a spinner than a grinder?
I honestly didn't look at the data to see if my cadence averages went up. I'm definitely in between. In a 3 hour race or hard ride my cadence ends up being 88-90. I have friends who go 100rpm. I'll have a heart attack if I attempt that.

They do feel easier to spin but the differences aren't that huge. I do remember it taking couple of days to get used to. After all it IS harder to turn the pedals because you have less leverage. Essentially it's like changing a cassette. Your lowest gear feels harder for the same exact setup.

But like I mentioned. My motivation was bike fit and it definitely sold that problem.

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post