EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Sorry to hear that your bike is currently out of service.

I’m kind of confused about the weight of your bike though. I have the exact same frame set (size 56) with the same seatpost, the same stem (100 mm) and the same handlebar (400 mm) and I use less spacers than you do. So no weight penalty for me here, probably my setup is a bit lighter than yours but let’s just say it’s more or less the same.

I use full SRAM Red eTap 11-speed HRD which is at least not heavier than the Di2 your are using, but probably even a bit lighter. I don’t use the OSPW system, so I save weight there as well.

My saddle is lighter than yours. My bottle cages are probably lighter than yours. And my pedals (Look Keo Blade Carbon) are probably a bit heavier.

The only difference between our bikes is, that I use a Rotor 3D+ crankset with Power2Max in 172,5 mm length, which should not be substantially heavier than your crankset and that I use Zipp 404s instead of the Knot 64 wheelset with 25 mm Vittoria Corsa tires.

Still my bike weighs in at 8,6 kilograms, which is about 600 g heavier than yours.

So I keep asking myself: where does the additional weight come from? Can’t be all from the wheels. Knot64 wheels may be lighter but probably only about 150 grams.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

asiantrick

by asiantrick

What camera were you using? Very clear

refthimos

by refthimos

Do you have the Hi-Mod frameset? If not, I would imagine the frameset would account for some weight.

The SISL2 cranks are really are about as light as it gets, at least if you want a crank-based PM. I've had a lot of 3d+ cranksets over the years, in fact run that same crankset on my TCR Advanced SL, but the SISL2 cranks are a good bit lighter. Not sure exactly how much.

I think the 23mm Scwalbe Pro Ones that I was running, at ~230g each, are lighter than your Corsas. I also run them tubeless so if you're running tubes, there's more weight. I only use about 20ml of sealant.

Other than that, I have ti spindles in my Speedplays (though they are +12mm from standard), the rest as you note is likely to not move the needle much
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

refthimos

by refthimos

Camera was nothing special, just a Fly6CE that I run for all training rides. I swap out for Session 5s (4K) for races and special events.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

floriansantana

by floriansantana

refthimos wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:44 pm
Do you have the Hi-Mod frameset? If not, I would imagine the frameset would account for some weight.
Yes, it's the exact same frame as yours. Size 56, from the looks the same size as well. So nothing heavier here, probably even lighter, cause of the shorter stem and narrower bar and less spacer.
refthimos wrote:
The SISL2 cranks are really are about as light as it gets, at least if you want a crank-based PM. I've had a lot of 3d+ cranksets over the years, in fact run that same crankset on my TCR Advanced SL, but the SISL2 cranks are a good bit lighter. Not sure exactly how much.
From what I found out the SISL2 cranks are about 200g lighter with chain rings than the Rotor 3D+. The Power2Max will be almost the same on both of our bikes I guess. So 200g more for me here.
refthimos wrote:
I think the 23mm Scwalbe Pro Ones that I was running, at ~230g each, are lighter than your Corsas. I also run them tubeless so if you're running tubes, there's more weight. I only use about 20ml of sealant.
The 25mm Corsas are 240g each, but I guess it's the two tubes that really make a difference here. 250g for two Conti tubes, that's heavy. Might switch to something lighter here. Plus around 150g for the wheelset, thats 400g more only in the wheels. Which would amount to the 600g additional weight with the 200g for the cranks.

Thanks for your answer!
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

DVR

by DVR

May I ask the saddle height that is shown in the pictures?
I am a 54 in SS EVO but am inclined to go to 56 in SystemSix.
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM eTap
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM Disc Ultegra
Cannondale SystemSix eTap AXS
Colnago C60 eTap
Pinarello Dogma F8 eTap

refthimos

by refthimos

My saddle height is 760mm
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

DVR

by DVR

Thank you for your quick reply.
Mine is 75 and I have the exact same saddle as you.
So now I am convinced I need 56.
54 the seatpost will show too much for me.
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM eTap
Cannondale SuperSix EVO HM Disc Ultegra
Cannondale SystemSix eTap AXS
Colnago C60 eTap
Pinarello Dogma F8 eTap

ceyman

by ceyman

Refthimos: what's the latest on your wheel? Are the dealer or Cannondale helping at all? I have not many more miles on my Systemsix now than you did then. It would be nice to know there would be help if it happened to me.

ceyman

by ceyman

Sychen: one of the quirks of Systemsix is that the rim is exposed by design. Supposed to be more aerodynamic. I replaced the 23s that come with the bike with 26 tubeless before even taking delivery and the rim is still exposed. It looks weird, but seems to work.

refthimos

by refthimos

Sorry I didn't see this question until now, but Cannondale was AMAZING in their support of my busted wheel, despite that I also sent them the video so they could see exactly what happened. My LBS and Cannondale have been so good to me that I have an EVO3 coming! (actually, it arrived at the LBS a few weeks ago, but they immediately stripped it down to the frameset and it's out getting painted)

The replacement wheel on the SystemSix has been great, and these wheels really do feel FAST!
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Irishraven

by Irishraven

DVR wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Hey DVR,

did you go with the 56cm frame in the end, im having the same dilemma, my saddle height is 75cm, my height is 178 (nearly)...and my drop down saddle to stem is normally around the 10.5cm mark.....

only issue i have is ive never got a 56cm frame...normally im a 54 with a 110 or 120cm stem....think the seat angle may allow for a longer top tube on the 54cm frame...but there is alot of seat post showing! and a short headtube!! its a weird sizing...every other frame size seems in the normal range!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

Irishraven wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 pm
DVR wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 pm

Hey DVR,

did you go with the 56cm frame in the end, im having the same dilemma, my saddle height is 75cm, my height is 178 (nearly)...and my drop down saddle to stem is normally around the 10.5cm mark.....

only issue i have is ive never got a 56cm frame...normally im a 54 with a 110 or 120cm stem....think the seat angle may allow for a longer top tube on the 54cm frame...but there is alot of seat post showing! and a short headtube!! its a weird sizing...every other frame size seems in the normal range!!
What do you mean by weird sizing? I am 182.5 cm (call it 6 ft) and I am looking at getting a SystemSix in size 54 rather than 56. The 54 has the exact same stack and reach (+/- 2 mm) as my Ridley Noah SL and I ride the Ridley with a 130 mm -17 deg stem. If I were to go with a size 56 the front end would go up by a full 2 cm (stack is 56 instead of 54) which is way too high up, even for me at 1.82 meters. And it would give only 6 mm extra in reach, so better to go with a longer stem and keep the front end low. Seatpost will still be a few cm deeper in the seattube than the minimum insertion mark.