Do It All 8T clone

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

motorapido

by motorapido

Since my CX bike was getting way more use than my winter road bike, thought i'd look at making do all Gravel / Road bike.

Frame set is Tideace CX039TA, BB386
Groupset is FSA K-force cranks, with 33 47 chainrings, Gub Bottom bracket, screws together so no alignment issues and hopefully it will last.
Front mech Ultegra 6870 Di2
Rear mech Ultegra 6870 Di2 with J&L oversize cage assembly,
Brakes are Sram Hydro R
Custom Ultegra Di2 lever blades, and custom sprint and climbing shifters,
pedals will be either XT SPD or the Time Iclics fitted at the moment.
Stem / bars are Chinese carbon one piece and seem pretty stiff and are a nice compact bend, with covers for the cables and Di2 junction in a pocket under the stem. Have had these for a couple of years on my winter road bike with no issues.
Headset is an FSA one witha custom topcap spacer assembly i made a few years ago. It is CNC'd aluminium with a 1.5mm thick wall, and a sleeve inside to take the load from the stem to pre-load the head set bearings.
Seatpost is D shaped came with the frameset, topped with a chinse carbon saddle re-covered in tan leather.

Wheels, well theres plenty of choice,
Road are Dati hubs laced with DT swiss revolution and champion spokes laced to Pacenti SL 25 rims 11-28 cassette and Challenge Paris Roubaix 27 tyres.

Road plus are American classic hubs with DT swiss revolution and champion spokes laced to WTB KOM rims with Pacenti Pari Moto tyres and 11-34 cassette, not ideal gearing but i can't get hold of a 11 speed freewheel at the moment and the HG800 cassette fits on 10 speed.

Offroad is Progress XCD1 wheels with Vittoria Peyote tyres and 11-36 cassette ( cheap build )

ImageIMG_5364 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5373 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5370 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5365 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5366 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5367 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5368 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5371 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5372 by Paul Townsend, on Flickr

dtwolfen

by dtwolfen

I've been looking at this frame. Or the open upper. I think I'm going with the upper because I can add a dropper post. Looks good. Can you do some weights for the frame.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

motorapido

by motorapido

My frame is a small and came in at 1070grammes without rear axle or seatpost clamp.
the rear and front axle are QR bolt through type so kinda heavy, and the front is a weird fitment as it requires 20 to 15mm adaptors at either end. I machined the existing threaded end and gutted the QR to get a spacer for the bolt head end.

If your going for a dropper then gut the LH shifter or take a look at the new Wolftooth drop bar drop lever that goes in the end of the bar, looks like a neat solution.
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... e-drop-bar

cerro

by cerro

Why the stickers making it a fake?

motorapido

by motorapido

Call it inspired by, and its not a exactly a fake as it doesn't say 3T.