uraz

by uraz

BB30 Red22 crankset probably won't fit.

Beaver

by Beaver

uraz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 pm
BB30 Red22 crankset probably won't fit.
Why not? The spindle is long enough for BB30A, he just needs to remove the grey spacer. ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraz

by uraz

Are you sure? It's BB30/PF30 only according to sram's website. There is another version (unfortunately a lot heavier), with removable spider that is dedicated for wide bb shells.
Last edited by uraz on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

octave

by octave

uraz wrote:Are you sure? It's BB30/PF30 only according to sram's website.
it fits. as beaver said just remove the spacer and it is wide enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uraz

by uraz

How can you set bearing preload without this spacer?

octave

by octave

uraz wrote:How can you set bearing preload without this spacer?

you can get super thin spacers to set the preload. they are like 0.1mm thick up to 1mm thick.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

This.

In fact it's the more common way to pre-load a BB30 bottom bracket. 0.1mm shims plus (if necessary) a wavy washer.

I can confirm (done it myself) that model of Sram Red crank (the one that comes with the adjustable spacer) does fit BB30A (eg: Cannondale Evo (newer models) and Caad 12 etc) if you remove the adjustable spacer and use the normal BB30 shims and wavy washer.

uraz

by uraz

Does it also fit BB386 and BBRight?

AZR3

by AZR3

uraz wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 pm
Does it also fit BB386 and BBRight?
SRAM Red BB30 with intergrated spider wont fit bb386 or BBRight, the spindle is too short. You’d need the Red BB30 crank with the removable spider, it has a longer 30mm spindle.

https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycling ... ungle.html

octave

by octave

quick teaser photos. will post a more in-depth update soon (started a second job two weeks ago-- riding now takes precedence in all my time outside work)

5.87k without bartape. wheels and tires are different than the planned reynolds attack/conti gp4000s... they are a set of Easton R90SL rims laced to carbon ti hubs with sapim cx ray spokes. schwalbe pro one tubeless tires.

how do the jagwire elite links look? my first go at them....

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

So why did you go with the Easton R90SL wheels? Thinking of building up a set myself.

octave

by octave

wolfesquire wrote:So why did you go with the Easton R90SL wheels? Thinking of building up a set myself.

a buddy made me an offer on the reynolds attack i couldn't refuse! might use the money to get a darimo layback post because my position has changed a bit and the 0 setback hylix might not give enough aft movement.

but-- i highly recommend the Easton R90SL with the Carbon Ti hubs. light (1378g w sapim cx rays) and dependable, plus tubeless compatible.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Would you consider the wheels stiff? I am a bit on the clydesdale side (well....im 210 lb so quite the clydesdale) so looking to build up a set that can hold my weight when pushing on the pedals.

octave

by octave

they are plenty stiff for me but i am only 165 - 170 lbs depending on time of year. i do not put out huge power, but i have never had brake rub, even punching up steep pitches at 800~900 watts... i think the carbon ti hubs only come in 20 and 24 spoke varieties, so that might be limiting for a clydesdal build, unless maybe you switched to sapim laser spokes? i am not a wheelbuilder, so not sure! i just know that when fairwheel bikes was building up a different set of wheels on a super light allow rim (ryde pulse sprint) the put sapim lasers on the rear wheel to stiffen it up...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Lovely bike you've got there! But maybe I'm a bit biased - I've got the same frame in the same colour way. Nice to see you went for the Schwalbe Pro One tubeless setup. I've been running it the last couple of years and haven't had any issues. They're great tires, if a little on the hefty side (but offset slightly by the lack of tubes). I also think they ride better than standard clinchers. Wishing you many happy miles!
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup: