2018 Supersix Evo HIMOD

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

So,

After my CAAD12 ( viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152562&p=1413836#p1413836 ) was destroyed when i was hit by a car in december i decided i may as well upgrade with the insurance claim money.

So here we have my new SuperSix Hi Mod build
Unfortuneately i did not weigh the individual parts so i only have the complete weight.

Frame - 2018 Supersix Hi Mod
Shifters - Dura Ace 9100
Derailluers - Dura Ace 9100
Brakes - Dura Ace 9100
Chain - Dura Ace 9100
Cassette - Dura Ace 9100 - 11-30
Crankset - Cannondale Hollowgram SI
Chainrinngs - 8 Arm Spidering - 52/36
Pedals - Dura Ace 9100
Cables - Dura Ace 9100
Handlebars - 3T Ergo Alloy
Bartape - Fizik 2mm
Stem - Thomson X2 - 120mm -10
Seatpost and Collar - Thomson
Saddle - Pro Stealth - Pending bike fit results this week this may change
Wheelset - Handbuild, Tune hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro UST rims with DT Swiss Comp Aero spokes (1410gr alloy clincher wheelset)
Tires - Bontrager R3 700x25 soon to change to Specialized Turbo Cotton 700x26
Computer and Mount - K-Edge and Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT
Bottle Cage - Sanded back to raw cannondale cage - this will be changed to an Arundel Mandable cage in Gloss UD soon

I think thats everything?

Total weight is 6.7KG with pedals cage and wahoo mount.

Considering i run a full alloy finishing kit and alloy wheels i could EASILY drop a fair amount of weight without spendint *to much* money but im very happy with the current setup and weight for reliability's sake.

As listed there are still definitely some changes to come though.

2002 Moots Vamoots
2018 Cannondale CAAD12 Custom (RIP)
2018 Cannondale Supersix Hi Mod (SOLD)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

Really nice bike! I especially like the look with the shallow wheels and very classic frame design, whch just works very well together. Also the stem angle is (from an esthetic point of view) much nicer than the aggressive -17 on the Caad.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

It's sad how many threads on here start with "I'm replacing my ______ after I was hit by a car". Much too common. Glad you're still riding though.

The bike is a dime. I love that you've finished it with Thomson/3T alloy bits and the Open Pro hoops, they compliment the more traditional tube shapes of the frame.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Same frame as mine. Yours is a nice solid looking build. You'll love riding it as much as I love riding mine.

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

happyon2wheels wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:17 pm
Really nice bike! I especially like the look with the shallow wheels and very classic frame design, whch just works very well together. Also the stem angle is (from an esthetic point of view) much nicer than the aggressive -17 on the Caad.
Thanks! Yeah, you're not wrong, the thomson actually replaced the Zipp stem on the CAAD but i never updated it.
jbaillie wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:51 pm
It's sad how many threads on here start with "I'm replacing my ______ after I was hit by a car". Much too common. Glad you're still riding though.

The bike is a dime. I love that you've finished it with Thomson/3T alloy bits and the Open Pro hoops, they compliment the more traditional tube shapes of the frame.
I completely agree, I'm a bike mechanic for a living so i have done so many insurance quotes and helped customers through it, its horrible.
i still have three breaks in my face healing and have 6-12 months of ongoing osteopath appointments but to be honest i got off really lucky with onyl "minor" isues.

The thomson stuff suits so well plus suits my needs well, 0 offset posts in the 25.4 arent super easy to find (without spending loads of money or getting something shit) and the 10 degree stem fits perfectly for me.

The open pros are actually excellent rims to! i've had these wheels for a year now with no issues (the front rim was replaced after the accident due to a large dent in it but thats it) they're a pretty damn light wheelset for alloy and a nice wide 19mm internal.
dereksmalls wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:20 am
Same frame as mine. Yours is a nice solid looking build. You'll love riding it as much as I love riding mine.
Thank you! im loving it, rides extremely well, its fast and light and the paint is excellent, not to minimal but not to complex.
2002 Moots Vamoots

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Beautiful bike. The SuperSix is one of the only frames looking better with shallow rims instead of high profile rims. And I love the 10 degree stem. Follows the top tube beautifully.

The only thing I think looks odd is the down-rotated handlebar. I would have put on a handlebar with a classic/traditional bend if you wanted the hoods to sit down on the ramps. Compact shaped bars only looks good with a flat transition from bar to hood in my opinion. But I can overlook that with such a nice build.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

Greenduck wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:13 am
Beautiful bike. The SuperSix is one of the only frames looking better with shallow rims instead of high profile rims. And I love the 10 degree stem. Follows the top tube beautifully.

The only thing I think looks odd is the down-rotated handlebar. I would have put on a handlebar with a classic/traditional bend if you wanted the hoods to sit down on the ramps. Compact shaped bars only looks good with a flat transition from bar to hood in my opinion. But I can overlook that with such a nice build.
If you setup the hoods to have a flat transition with the tops the drop is practically un-useable, how the hoods are set on these bars is correct for the shape - see the bottom of the drop sitting flat, different brands sit differently - for example Zipp compact drops have a flat transition, 3T do not though.

I've attatched a photo that shows the bar/hood position alot better so it makes a bit more sense.

A traditional drop bar would not suit as the reach and drop would be to long / low for my fit.

Thankyou for the kind words though!

2002 Moots Vamoots

Greenduck

by Greenduck

DarkerxHalf wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:14 am
Greenduck wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:13 am

If you setup the hoods to have a flat transition with the tops the drop is practically un-useable, how the hoods are set on these bars is correct for the shape - see the bottom of the drop sitting flat, different brands sit differently - for example Zipp compact drops have a flat transition, 3T do not though.

I've attatched a photo that shows the bar/hood position alot better so it makes a bit more sense.

A traditional drop bar would not suit as the reach and drop would be to long / low for my fit.

Thankyou for the kind words though!

That photo helps a lot. Looked odd in the others, looks good in the last one.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

Angles can definitely be decieving!

Bike fit is being done tomorrow night so hopefully the small issues i've had on the bike are sorted out after that! im happy with bar position & reach so we're looking at getting my saddle position dialled in and cleats.
After that's done the next thing for the bike is tires, i've got a set of Mavic Yksion UST Road tires here so im considering trying those tubeless before jumping into expensive turbo cottons or corsa's again.
2002 Moots Vamoots

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

Update -

Got some new wheels and tires, weight didnt change, looks definitely did.

Tune hubs > DT Swiss Spokes > HED Belgiums all wrapped up in S-Works Turbo Cotton tires.
Also changed to a Specialized Power saddle instead of the Pro Stealth after a bikefit and have had much better results with the narrower nose.

Attachments
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
2002 Moots Vamoots

by 573

Very nice. 8)

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Time to update the signature now that it has arrived.
The bike is amazing! Love it

DarkerxHalf

by DarkerxHalf

wolfesquire wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:59 pm
Time to update the signature now that it has arrived.
The bike is amazing! Love it
Whoops! Definitely something i should get around to, and thank you!

Next thing is some new bars, then im done unless i end up getting the frame i really want through my new shop!
2002 Moots Vamoots

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

Nice bike man! Always like tan sidewall tires. As long as the graphics on the wheels aren't too in your face it's a really classic look. Hope that bike meets a more gentle end than the CAAD 10 . . .
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Stunning, well done! Such a classically good looking bike which is easy to say as a current owner of the same plus a caad12 and before that a nano

Ps love the Thomson finishing kit too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com