S-Works Tarmac SL6 - 6.43kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

billspreston

by billspreston

I recently purchased this S-Works Tarmac SL6 frameset. I don't believe this colorway was a standard offering and I actually prefer the look of the additional Specialized logos on this frame. The SL6 is the first Specialized bike where I really liked the way it looks. It has a nice combination of modern features in a clean looking lightweight package. Certainly not the most exclusive or exciting option, but I'm pleased so far and itching to get the build underway. The build quality and finish is excellent upon first inspection.

This 52cm frame weighs in at 862g with derailleur hanger and brake cable stops. The fork is 342g uncut. I will build this frame with eTap 11 and an 'aero' cockpit. This is intended to be an all-around workhorse machine striking a fair balance between aero and lightweight.

Completed photos and build list with actual weights to follow soon!

Last edited by billspreston on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

billspreston

by billspreston

Yesterday I finished the build! Everything came together smoothly without issue. Build list with actual weights below.

6.67kg with Zipp 303 Firecrest

6.43kg with Zipp 202 Firecrest (Tune Mig45/Mag170)

Last edited by billspreston on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jbass

by Jbass

Very nice build, well put together!
How is the ride?

TheRich

by TheRich

Looks good, white on black is always a solid choice and the Specialized logos keep it from going towards murdered out...which is not a solid choice.

FelixTheCat

by FelixTheCat

Love the look of it, and it should ride just as good.

I have a 'all black' bike and I don't mind the white writing, its consistent against most of the items on the bike.
Last edited by FelixTheCat on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

1llum4

by 1llum4

Looks like a black/white version of the ultralight that was available in 2018. Looks nice and I like it better than the reflective logo of the ultralight.

billspreston

by billspreston

Thanks for the comments all.
Jbass wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:19 pm
Very nice build, well put together!
How is the ride?
The ride is superb. Everything I'm looking for in an all-around bike. Fast on the flats while being responsive and lightweight going uphill. The rear end has very good compliance. The front end less-so, but it's a race bike afterall. The frame does have a muted feeling, but overall it's pretty comfortable so I'm not going to complain too much about that. The handling is excellent, which is something companies often get wrong on small frames. I came from an XS Parlee Altum that had a shockingly high trail of 68mm and this SL6 with it's 58mm of trail has brought me back to reality.

hyvent

by hyvent

very identical to my build hahaha

billspreston

by billspreston

^ I definitely saw your bike on Instagram somewhere and it convinced me to go with the Enve Aero stem vs Zipp Sprint. The stem looks goofy on most builds, but really matches the SL6 nicely somehow. So I thank you for having good taste!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldturd

by oldturd

Great build, and really awesome photos! That light!