Flexible Dentist: 5.7kg Dogma Think 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Peace out
Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Keep dreaming :P

tembikaisusu

by tembikaisusu

How much does this frame cost now? I am def interested in getting one. The curves are too sexy
Specialized Allez E5 | S-Works Tarmac SL6 | Pegoretti Marcelo | Pinarello Dogma F10

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

How's the right chainstay look, close to where the crank rings might touch it. I worked on one of these and the flex was such that regardless of which groupset we used, it flexed so much that the rings would always gouge the chainstay, despite the rather heavy duty "protector" they put on it. Went through a couple. This was with a heavier, and quite powerful, rider however. Still, the flex seemed to be more than what I would like to see in that area.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

KarlC

by KarlC

Calnago wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:47 pm
How's the right chainstay look, close to where the crank rings might touch it. I worked on one of these and the flex was such that regardless of which groupset we used, it flexed so much that the rings would always gouge the chainstay, despite the rather heavy duty "protector" they put on it. Went through a couple. This was with a heavier, and quite powerful, rider however. Still, the flex seemed to be more than what I would like to see in that area.
Thats not somthing a guy with a new frame wants to hear. Hopfully its not an issue.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

No, of course it isn’t. But if it does turn out it’s flexing enough that the chainrings are chewing up the chainstay protector, at least he’ll know it’s not an adjustment issue. The problem was that although the actual chainstay wasn’t too badly damaged at all, the protector they use in that exact spot got so chewed up that the loose ragged edges of it would “tick” on the chainrings creating a very annoying ticking sound while pedaling.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yours is a smaller size as well, right? That should work in your favor. I do like the white and black of the frame. It built up really nice. I also like white frames a lot. Maybe this particular frame was just weak in a certain area as I’ve not heard of that being an issue in general, or at all, with these frames. I just thought I’d ask out of curiosity due to the experience I had with one.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

caballero

by caballero

Had a dogma 2, definitely not flexy. Had no problem with the drive side getting chewed up even putting out some pretty high watts.

Probably my benchmark for ride quality of carbon frames. It was nicer than the f8 I had.

themidge

by themidge

Imaking20 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:51 am
Another day, another inch of rain in the PNW
Not felt the influence of nearby Jan Heine to get yourself one of these?

Apparently Honjo mudguards are made of magic and once you put them on you'll never notice the rain ever again. WW as well, ~400-450g :wink:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

My bad earlier. I was talking about the Dogma2, which is different than the Think2. Same shape and all, but the Dogma2 uses 60.1 carbon and the Think2 uses 65.1 carbon. Not sure how they use it, or how much different it is, but they are not quite the same frames.
Here's a pic of the area I was talking about susceptible to gouging by the chainrings... it was originally brought to me to get rid of an annoying "tick". Traced it to a tattered up protector (silver piece on the chainstay at the closest point to contact with the small chainring). Figured it must have just been a freak incident that it got badly chewed up, probably chain suck or something, so just got a new protector and installed it. But that one got tattered up as well, and it wasn't from chain suck. Just seemed to be enough flex there that the chainring could rub under certain conditions...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Last edited by Imaking20 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.