Euph's framebuilding adventures: Electric Boogaloo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

euph

by euph

Hello! Long time no see WeightWeenies. Since I last posted I have graduated university with my first frame as my dissertation.

I am suffering from not having access to all the machine tools and workspace at university but I am still good friends with the technicians and can pop in if I ever need. Its just less convenient. So I have been setting up my own little workshop in the back garden. Its a little rough but covers the basics

I intend to build another frame with a bit more fit and finish than my last one. Here is an outline of the specs:

Size ~ 52cm
Disc brakes
T47 Bottom bracket
Lugged, again

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.

I will update as I go. Got the front triangle designed and will try and post it in the coming days.

Euph

by Weenie

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

This sounds cool, I really enjoy reading about forum members building their own stuff. Wish you luck! What fork do you plan to use? What about tire clearance?

euph

by euph

No specific fork in mind. I intend to go tapered simply for availability of forks. The stiffness is just a bonus.

For tire clearance I will keep it simple and aim for 25mm as this will be designed to be a race frame. Maybe in time I will make something with bigger clearances but I think that adding disc brakes and the other changes I am making are more than enough complexity for the moment.