Specialized S-Works Tarmac Chameleon 6.3kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

marcelflash

by marcelflash

Hello, I`d like to show you my Specialized S-Works Tarmac Chameleon 2016.
As in the picture it sits in 6295 gram.

Specialized S-Works Tarmac Chameleon 56cm
Specialized carbon bottlecages
Specialized bottlecagebolts and washers
Dt-Swiss RR21 Dicut (also have Dt-Swiss ARC1100 64)
Vittoria Open Corsa Speed 23mm
Tubolito 20-28mm
Wert Stick Shift
Rotor Uno Cassette 11-28
Shimano CN910 12 speed XTR chain
Shimano M9200 pulleys
Shimano R9100 RD
Shimano R9100 FD
Shimano R9100 STI
Shimano R9100 cables
Shimano R9100 SPD-SL
Easton EC90SL Crankset 53-39
Ceramic Speed BB30
Ta SL headset
Slam that stem upper bearing cover
Cane Creek eeNut
Cane Creek eeBrakes F&R
Schmolke bar plugs
Acros Mellow tape
Darimo T1 seatpost 350x27.2
Berk Lupina covered oval 150mm
3t ARXII pro 120mm 17
3t Superleggera 420mm
Carbonice chaincatcher

by Weenie

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

Very very very nice build. Would like to see a picture with the deep section wheels.
Specialized Allez Sprint
Instagram || Shitposting is a god-given right. bannable offense.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

here you go, Dt-Swiss ARC 1100 64 with Silca Speedbalance and made the valves 70mm with extentions so it does not stick out so much. Vittoria Open Corsa Control 25mm also for training.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

How do you find the shifting on the Easton crankset compared to a DA or Ultegra crank? Given the weight and price, I'm surprised that its not so common; at least there aren't a lot of reviews online.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

I think the shifting is just as good as Dura Ace 9000 or Ultegra 6800. The chainring is pretty thick and stiff so it does not bend while shifting. For me the biggest difference in shift quality is the last 2 generation front derailleurs from Shimano witch can make a standard chainring shift good but always thought that the Shimano original chainrings where the best but I do not miss them with the easton. I shifted alot last Nurburgring 24h race 500m altitude each round. Big big (not intentionally) or shifting under power where no problem. Now I am trying the XTR 12 speed chain, should shift even better and better chain retention.

mortirolo

by mortirolo

New saddle vs. Berk Lupina?
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria

marcelflash

by marcelflash

Good eye, no old picture from last summer. It was the Prologo C3 but the CPC was wearing off. After that I had the Dila on but to wide for me on racing bike (The dila is now on my commuter bike on aerobars low down the saddle is perfect) Now the Lupina is on but did not ride it yet because of winter here.
I will take a new picture.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

Some detail pictures. The Rotor Uno cassette skipped with the new chain so came on the 9100 11-30 cassette. Also received the new Camelbak Podium 600ml and 700ml but they were very loose in the carbon Ribcage and had to buy other cages. Went with carbon Works 2.0. Also changed the Darimo carbon seatclamp for the Dyneema cords. For navigation I use the heavy Hammerhead Karoo, have it almost one year and would not wand to miss it.

brahl

by brahl

Nice ride...interesting to not have tape on the tops of round bars.
2006 Trek Madone SL 5.9
2016 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
2017 Specialized Allez DSW SL Sprint

tembikaisusu

by tembikaisusu

Impressive build. I almost got the chameleon Allez Sprint in the same color, the chameleon paint from Specialized is absolutely amazing.
Specialized Allez E5 | S-Works Tarmac SL6 | Pegoretti Marcelo | Pinarello Dogma F10

marcelflash

by marcelflash

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:38 pm
sweet build... very nice. The balance pod on the front wheel looks like it is in the wrong place.
Thanks, the balance pod on the frondwheel is placed based on countering the opposite mass, not the valve.
Maybe the rim is left to the valve a little bit heavier. only on that place I could balance the wheel out on a truing stand.
In the bike stand the wheel is 99% stable, far better than withoud the pods.
While riding I can not feel the difference but this is as far you can optimise your wheels.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

First dry roads of the year and got to ride my bike and test the 12 speed M9100 XTR cassette and 13T pulleys.
Shifting was far better than Rotor Uno cassette as expected but even better than my old 6800 derailleur with R9000 pulleys.
Under full load it shifts now easy from 12t to 11t where the 6800 lacked before.
I drilled the chain drop pins out of the derailleur cage because when the chain vibrates then it is hitting them.
I can easily ride big big and small small an hope to use a 34t in front too without shortening my chain.
Shimano says that the 12 speed M9110 chain is not fully compatible with old chainrings but I think that it is more silend and shifts better than CN900 chain.
Berk Lupina is also better than Dila between the tights but have to do a bigger ride. Dyneema upgrade is also good and feels more solid and slides less.
Emty Camelbak Podium 700ml are tight but easy to remove in the Carbon Works 2.0 but will test ride filled. The Podium 2019 700ml are a lot thinner in diameter so be warned with not clamping cages.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Super nice bike. Love the colour. Any words on the new Darimo system?

by Weenie

marcelflash

by marcelflash

PokojniToza wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 pm
Super nice bike. Love the colour. Any words on the new Darimo system?
Thanks.
I think the Dyneema is better than the carbon triangle from before. This is more stable and will slip less.
Installation was not difficuld when you turn your bike upside down and let the seatpost rest on the saddle and you just hook the cords on.
Adjusting afterward was not difficuld.