My Heavy Bianchi Aria Ultegra

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

hannawald

by hannawald

Nobody will argue that it is about your legs and not the bike, but 8 kgs is a bit heavy for rim brake bike and could be easily lightened - i gave couple of suggestions which should not cost muchy helps with weight and doesn't affect aero purpose of the bike..it's not something necessary, you can enjoy the bike as it is..but lightweight tubes and fast tyres may increase your enjoyment from the ride and light pedals will match rest of components better..i think 7,5 kgs can be done easily.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

But what the point. Light is not better by itself. Shaving 500g of the bike will be expensive and won't make the owner any faster on it though. Excerise in futility.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hannawald

by hannawald

It is about marginal gains..Conti 4 season tires have measured rolling resistance 17.2 W, for example Michelin Power Comp 10.9W. If you count 2 tires it is not insignificant..I just gave couple of suggestions I would do..some of them may improve performance, some of them (lighter pedals) may improve appearance...we could negate almost everything with Don´t upgrade/ride up grades...who really needs Dura Ace?

m68k

by m68k

Hi everyone,

has any Bianchi Aria owner measured the weight of just the framset (frame+fork+bearings+seatpost) ?

The only info I found so far is 1100g for the frame and 370 for the fork at size 55. I guess for a rimbreak and mechanical shifting version.

I would like to know if the 1100g frame weight is including seatpost an bearings.

markpace

by markpace

BCL,

(Update: found it on the performance bike website right after I posted this.)

I have the same bike and love the look of that handlebar tape with this frame. Any idea on where I can find it?

I checked the website of the brand that was listed but didn't have any luck there. Do you have a link or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

bm0p700f wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:30 am
But what the point. Light is not better by itself. Shaving 500g of the bike will be expensive and won't make the owner any faster on it though. Excerise in futility.
because the website is called weight weenies.