2015 Colnago C60, RSBK, 50s

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

taylorpetie

by taylorpetie

I know there are alot of C60 picture postings and this may not be as exciting, but I just wanted to share my excitement :D

After years of procrastination, I finally decided to take the plunge late last year and get a Colnago C60 frameset....and it finally arrived today. It took me several weeks/months to find a Colnago dealer that still had a C60 RSBK 50s frameset in stock, but I was able to find one. This is going to take me awhile to build out because I still need to decide whether to put on the Campy 11spd or 12spd group (+ the other components).

Last edited by taylorpetie on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c60rider

by c60rider

Nice frame I like the Italian tricolour around the seat tube no mistake where it's from. Does it have the Italian flag on the seat stays like my mhcf?
As for 11 or 12 I think if budget is no option then go with 12 speed but you won't be disappointed with either.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I love my C60, you won’t be disappointed once it’s built. I think it’s the pinnacle of the C series frames. One tip, get some brake ferrules that have little cable hoses attached to the end, stop the brake cable friction in the top tube. Jagwire make some.

c60rider

by c60rider

Zakalwe wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:36 am
I love my C60, you won’t be disappointed once it’s built. I think it’s the pinnacle of the C series frames. One tip, get some brake ferrules that have little cable hoses attached to the end, stop the brake cable friction in the top tube. Jagwire make some.
Is is these https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/lined-end-caps that you're referring to? And I'm guessing it's the 5mm size needed. Do you then just run the bare inner wire through the top tube once these have been inserted either end?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Zakalwe wrote:
Or cali-cross it and the cables won't rub the headtube at all. Check out Calnago's C60.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142391

c60rider

by c60rider

MichaelK wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:12 pm
Zakalwe wrote:
Or cali-cross it and the cables won't rub the headtube at all. Check out Calnago's C60.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142391
What Zakalwe is meaning is the unsatisfactory way you have to run the inner brake cable through the top tube. You can't run the outer all the way through it. Crossing it as Cal did is to prevent the outer gear cables from rubbing the head tube which is an excellent solution to that problem.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Yeah I’m talking about the brake cable through the top tube, the entry and exit are on the same side of the tube so the cable grinds against the frame. It’s not the only bike that does it, my Cento Uno suffers the same issue, but those jagwire ferrules solve everything.

The gear entry points on the down tube are angled in such a way that the cable housing doesn’t actually touch the headtube on regular routing. I’m not a fan of Cali cross, personally. No issues with the gears on a mechanical C60 at all, however you set it up

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

c60rider wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:12 pm
Zakalwe wrote:
Is is these https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/lined-end-caps that you're referring to? And I'm guessing it's the 5mm size needed. Do you then just run the bare inner wire through the top tube once these have been inserted either end?
Those are the precise ones I’m talking about 👍
You can’t run the housing through the top tube, unless you get the dremel out (don’t do that)

taylorpetie

by taylorpetie

Thanks for the tips as always... and yes, am planning on cali-cross, in addition to getting the ferrules (thanks @zakalwe and @c60rider....much appreciated!)

And will be going with the 12-speed. :)

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Beautiful frame. Colnago C60's are always exciting. Looking forward to see the final build.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

taylorpetie

by taylorpetie

Was able to finally build out my C60.... I just need to do some fine tuning here and there.

Last edited by taylorpetie on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Wow, the spacer fit the frame soooo good!

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Beautiful and perfect!!

octav

by octav

Beautiful bike :) Big like

welchy

by welchy

Snap, love my RSBK!

What width tyres are you rolling with? 26C?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com