Spez Épic 11.79kg, goal is 9.70, down to 9.30, possible 9.20 [emoji1690]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

chrisMTB

by chrisMTB

grover wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:54 am
I'm on a 2019 Scalpel Hi Mod Carbon 1 - https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bike/ ... adf8d60ca7

10.48kg - changes from stock
- Maxxis Ikon 2.2 TR 3C Exo - heavier than stock but work better for me (I don't have good luck with air staying in Schwalbe)
- Ritchey WCS grips - lighter, have been using for years and suit my hands
- Tune Speedneedle - lighter, and actually comfortable for me
- XTR M9100 pedals - because you need pedals to ride the bike
- XX1 Quarq powermeter - heavier, but you gotta know your watts

Ideally I'd change
- seatpost to KCNC Ti Pro Lite
- stem to kalloy ultralite
- handlbar to mt zoom
- wheelset to nextie ultralight

$1500 to save 500 grams.

But I probably won't. Just had my first kid, would prefer to spend my time riding the bike than wrenching. I'll just live vicariously through you :-)
That's a cool bike. I had a 14' Scalpel and liked it a lot except for the double hydraulic remote control, it gave me a lot of trouble. :noidea: Other from that the bike handles nice! I can't imagine the new one.

That would be a nice upgrade. As long as you swtich wheels you're going to feel the weight savings because it's rotational weight. :thumbup:

I don't have much time for wrenching either, a buddy helps me with the trickier stuff.

I have a race tomorrow and haven't been able to start the build, the package with the XTR shifter and derailleur got lost on the mail and Jenson sent another one. I should start the build by monday except the wheels, since they're hand built, we still need to measure the rims and hubs to get the spoke length.

Little by little getting there :beerchug:

chrisMTB

by chrisMTB

Sunday I raced the first of the season. Placing 4th of 10 racers. Raced in Ensenada, Mexico. Cat 1 age 19-29. Still lacking explosive power on the start line. 177bpm. Average and 188bpm max. 4 laps on a 5 mile course.

Today moved in the progress and my buddy routed the internal rear brake and i-link links/housing. It was a pain, I-links got stuck a lot. Finally did progress and installed bar.

Pic of me racing. 3rd lap. Poker face:

Pics of bike build progress:

by Weenie

chrisMTB

by chrisMTB

Came down to 10.4kg with all the upgrades except wheels and saddle.

scant

by scant

looks good! how does it ride with all the new parts? if thats your finalised stem height, you'll be able to loose about 20mm off the fork steerer & the required ahead spacers too :)

alber84

by alber84

I love those pedals. Do they have any weight of the maximum cyclist?

scant

by scant

alber84 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 pm
I love those pedals. Do they have any weight of the maximum cyclist?
81.5kg

alber84

by alber84

It is the problem with which you often find yourself in lightweight components. who sacrifice resistance to save a few grams.
:(
they are far from my 95kg