2019 Scott Foil Premium

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fanatic278

by fanatic278

I've been using this site to steer my new bike choice but never contributed before, so only fair that I introduce my new bike! I built it all up from components. I made a few savings here and there, but can't pretend it was cheap (except to my wife).

2019 Scott Foil Premium Team Edition Frameset (XXL/61cm) - frame 1140g and forks 322g uncut
Ultegra R8070 Di2 groupset
Hunt 50 wheelset
Schwable Pro One tubless tyres (25mm)
Pro Stealth Saddle
Specialized Hover bars (44cm)
Syncros Aero Foil stem (100mm)
KMC X11-EL chain
Bontrager RXL bottle cages

Weight = 7.7kg according to my cheap luggage scales. Which I think is pretty impressive for such a big aero bike.

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

One of my favourite bikes was a 2012 Foil...really like them & would consider buying one again

I’m guessing It’ll be difficult to loose weight from the usual places, seat post, stem as they are aero & designed specifically for the bike

Where’s the dry stone wall, somewhere in the Uk?
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

fanatic278

by fanatic278

I’m guessing It’ll be difficult to loose weight from the usual places, seat post, stem as they are aero & designed specifically for the bike

Where’s the dry stone wall, somewhere in the Uk?
Bars and seat could be lighter, but I like them. I'm happy with the weight though. It's only 100g heavier than the old rim braked Cervelo R3 that it replaced.

The wall is in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Using Tapatalk

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

fanatic278 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:07 pm
forks 322g uncut
That's very light for an uncut disc fork with paint still on! And it's aero with probably generous clearance. Did you weight it after the cut or plan to? Can you photo and measure fork clearance?

fanatic278

by fanatic278

That's very light for an uncut disc fork with paint still on! And it's aero with probably generous clearance. Did you weight it after the cut or plan to? Can you photo and measure fork clearance?
I didn’t weight it after the cut, but it won’t be too different as I only took about an inch off. I won’t be doing any more weighing now that the hoses are threaded into the frame. Big fork clearances as shown below:

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

snaxez

by snaxez

I got the same frame as discount deal from my local shop. It looks nice, but seems I`m not that lucky on weights. Frame is M (54) and weight is 1130g for the frame without hanger and other stuff, and the fork is 408g uncut. Seatpost 201g
It`s labeled as a "1 ST SAMPLE" on the box, so that might be a reason for higher weights, but not sure.