Something Seven 622 SLX Carbon / Ti Luged

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Discodan

by Discodan

I get it, it’s definitely neater and the weave is a better match so it’s not meritless to add the sleeve. The original wasn’t bad by any stretch of the imagination, it’s just better now. Of course you haven’t told us the weight penalty for the sleeve.

How did you get the flare in the top of the sleeve that goes over the clamp, it looks like it’s custom for the job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

themidge

by themidge

It doesn't look as good either, the seat cluster and clamp look out of proportion (too small) with the 31.6mm 'post'.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

jbaillie wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 am
duuuuude...

Even on a forum where everything is vain, that may take the cake. The 31.6 post is just sitting atop the clamp? You're going to get a TON of vibration coming through to the saddle.

The 27.2 you had installed looks absolutely fine.

LOL yes I know a 27.2 is fine, but its fun to change things up. Currently the 31.6 post is just setting there as I wanted to see how it looked, next I will bond the 2 parts together to become one so it will not just be sitting on top of the clamp .
Discodan wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:12 am
I get it, it’s definitely neater and the weave is a better match so it’s not meritless to add the sleeve. The original wasn’t bad by any stretch of the imagination, it’s just better now. Of course you haven’t told us the weight penalty for the sleeve.

How did you get the flare in the top of the sleeve that goes over the clamp, it looks like it’s custom for the job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This change added 20 grams, so not bad. The flare at the top is how the seat post came, its just a cheep post to try this experimint with.

themidge wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:57 pm
It doesn't look as good either, the seat cluster and clamp look out of proportion (too small) with the 31.6mm 'post'.
Its still looks off to me also, this is just a cheep post to try this experimint with, if it works I can do it with any 31.6 seat post.

Also in the photo it looks like seat post is a bit wider but size wise its 31.6 and the seat tube is 32.

I think the reason the seat post looks wider is that its painted black and the rest of the carbon tubes are nude.

If I end up liking this I may sand the paint off the UD carbon seat post so its a better match, or buy another 31.6 post.

The best match would be to get a matching carbon tube scrap from Seven and make a seat post out of it.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

3T Ergonova LTD Bars that could use a bit more sanding and I left the grit there for the shifters, not sure its really needed tho

Last edited by KarlC on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

oldturd

by oldturd

wow very nice, dropped almost 10grams

KarlC

by KarlC

oldturd wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:13 am
wow very nice, dropped almost 10grams
All of the gray painted areas where very thick, I kinda want to keep sanding to see if I can get them under 150 grams but its a pain.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

eric01

by eric01

Lol! The 31.6 seat post is absurd! Trek seat cap I suppose. Very anti weight weenie.

How do you plan on bonding it? Is it safe?

Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

KarlC

by KarlC

eric01 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:04 pm
Lol! The 31.6 seat post is absurd! Trek seat cap I suppose. Very anti weight weenie.

How do you plan on bonding it? Is it safe?
No issues so far

I think I could use some different wheels soon

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

glepore

by glepore

Yesss. I've had ccu's and various lightweights, but never Boras. Had a deal on the classifieds here but the guy flaked. They look AWESOME on that frame. If I hadn't just built an Ottrott that fits like it was spec'd for me I'd build that ebay frame like pic above. Chapeau
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

KarlC

by KarlC

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

New shoes, FSE 25T, hoping they come in right at 1000g.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

RyanH wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 am
Just swap the brake pad holders with kcnc ones. Campy dual/single brakes with those pad holders weigh around 233g and the Campy brakes have arguably the best brake feel, even over 9100. Planet X brakes are fine but not quite in the same league as the rest of the spec on your build.
So I did end up swaping out the pad holders on my Campy Record brakes and lost some grams and I was going to leave it at that.

Then these brand new in the box EE's came up for sale localy for a deal so they are likly up next. In the back of my mind I want to get this bike under 13 lbs / 5.9 kg so they will help with that. Time to sell the Planet X brakes

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Campy Record brakes with lighter weight pad holders removed and EE Brakes installed for a loss of 106g

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Those are both dual pivot I think. The single pivot rear saves something like 30g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com