Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

jencvo

by jencvo

prebsy wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:33 pm
Updates:

ASSIOMAS
Found a great deal on the Assiomas and finally pulled the trigger. 50g penalty at the pedals but benefits in so many other places. We'll see how well it works moving between bikes.

HYDRO vs. SPYRE
I made a stop at my most trusted LBS for some tips on hydro install and to buy the tools I need. I trust this mechanic a lot and he certainly scared me a bit how much technique is involved in getting the hydro setup to work correctly. Also while I was there I felt a set of Spyres that he had set up on a customer's Moots. I've run spyres many times in the past and always used linear housing but good god these things felt amazing. Is it possible I'm not that good at working on my bike???? Yes, yes it is. I got a good deal on the R8020 levers and R8070 brakes so I'm just going to sell them and go for the spyres.

groupset choice
With hydro out of the picture the world is my oyster for groups. I'm hoping to score a deal on some used sram 22 stuff but if not I've got R8000 levers and derailleurs ready to go.
Where did you find Assioma's, good second hand deal or good new deal?

prebsy

by prebsy

Solid new deal, pm'd you.

by Weenie

prebsy

by prebsy

Well used a bunch of spare parts as I wait for my crank, and assiomas but enough parts for a madien voyage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

prebsy

by prebsy

407g for $75 . I'm thinking of sending and clear coating the arms as they are a bit ugly and beat up.Image

reedplayer

by reedplayer

i am not the biggest fan of the cayo, but this one looks really cool.

if you sand the crank it should look like new.

prebsy

by prebsy

Dang took a while but had to go sram 2x11 and finding the parts was tough. 7.068 as pictured add 300g for favero assiomas. Unfortunately the weather outside is weather so no ride reports yet.Image

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

prebsy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:27 am
Some small parts arrived today.

TRP Spyre C: these are a bit porky but were super cheap new take offs. I still need mounting hardware.

331g

Tesa 51608: about 3 grams per meter. I kind of hate bar tape I just need something to not slip off so this is perfect.

69g

Uno7 120 -17: literally 90seconds with Acetone to remove the awful graphics

121g

ImageImageImageImage

The stem is quick beautiful after remove the decal~

prebsy

by prebsy