Starting off on the wrong foot: Cannondale SUPERSIX EVO Hi-NOT??

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

cjnl

by cjnl

I really hope you do get the expected Hi-MOD weight! That might restore my faith in Cannondale, so I am very interested in your findings.

I boxed my SuperSix to return it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cjnl

by cjnl

2 days ago, I received a status update from Bike24: they have encountered similar observations with other framesets, both sold framesets and the ones in stock. They have contacted Cannondale for an explanation and are awaiting an answer.

I am happy they take the issue seriously. But I already started looking around again for other frame options. There is nothing aero about the Cannondale frame, and if the top of the Supersix line Cannondale from December 2017 also means heavy, it is not a brand I can fall in love with.

Guibarhu

by Guibarhu

Thanks for the update. Read this old post, I think that maybe they are selling frames from 2017 that were built as full bikes with Ultegra...
Probably I will receive the non HM-fork ;-(

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 4#p1315623

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

cjnl

by cjnl

I am returning the frameset today and will get a full refund. As I replied to bike24: I have too many great bikes not to want a regular SuperSix (the fork).

Lessons learned:
- Do not place much trust in manufacturers
- Bike24 did take it's responsibility nicely. You will only learn how a company really is when something goes wrong.

So the search for a frameset continues. Not limited to Cannondale. Actually, I prefer another brand now.

cjnl

by cjnl

End of Cannondale story. This will be the project:
IMG_0182.jpg
Pretty much the stock components from Focus, except for the wheels. Adding up to an amazing 7.8 kilograms! Slightly getting nervous if I can take off more than 2kg.

After two test rides, I think I am confident about the fit. Even in the current setup, I was pleasantly surprised at how speedy it is on the flat compared to my other bikes: P3, Shiv, Aeroad 2011 and Aeroad 2018.

once

by once

Bike24 is actually continuing to sell these as a "Hi-MOD frame sets"...! I got one with the non Hi-MOD fork as well. Such a frame set never existed with a MSRP of 2999 EUR. They mislead customers intentionally.

BikeSwan

by BikeSwan

The Focus looks like a thoroughly interesting build, but I'll play devil’s advocate and suggest the SuperSix is an astoundingly impressive riding frame. Stable yet accurate handling, and an incredibly smooth ride for a 'race' bike - there are dozens of reviews out there that I'm sure you've read. Having said that, I can imagine how frustrating your experience with the 'Regular' vs. Hi-Mod variants has been. It's difficult to know what you've actually received at the best of times, never mind when Cannondale insists on changing their SuperSix paint schemes every five minutes.

Alas, I feel fairly good about my steed after watching the frame get dissected by an enthusiastic YouTuber. Perhaps not impressive looking in isolation, but compared to some of the other 'premium' frames he's dissected, the Cannon's looking alright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpuVEX3cFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKeN0_4nMI

Good luck with the Focus! If you find a SuperSix that meets your weight expectations, I couldn't recommend it enough :D
Landyachtz 1146 Ti Custom
Argon 18 Dark Matter
YT Izzo Pro Race 29

. . . and a 500lb KTM :thumbup:

C36

by C36

BikeSwan wrote:The Focus looks like a thoroughly interesting build, but I'll play devil’s advocate and suggest the SuperSix is an astoundingly impressive riding frame. Stable yet accurate handling, and an incredibly smooth ride for a 'race' bike - there are dozens of reviews out there that I'm sure you've read. Having said that, I can imagine how frustrating your experience with the 'Regular' vs. Hi-Mod variants has been. It's difficult to know what you've actually received at the best of times, never mind when Cannondale insists on changing their SuperSix paint schemes every five minutes.

Alas, I feel fairly good about my steed after watching the frame get dissected by an enthusiastic YouTuber. Perhaps not impressive looking in isolation, but compared to some of the other 'premium' frames he's dissected, the Cannon's looking alright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpuVEX3cFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkKeN0_4nMI

Good luck with the Focus! If you find a SuperSix that meets your weight expectations, I couldn't recommend it enough :D
Just for the record, the above video is a non HM he later edited it in the title or comment

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

reedplayer

by reedplayer

i like the paintjob of the focus a lot.
its the perfect alternative for the evo himod. i owned both: geometry nearly identical, only some minor differences in handling. i prefered the focus, due to handling and aesthetics, and sold the evo hm, but thats very individual, both are good bikes.
good ride!

MAJ

by MAJ

I have received a frame of bike24 like other people I'm this thread. A Supersix Evo HM disc frame +fork, and I have weighed it and then I read this thread.

Frame 920gr size 54
Fork 425gr

What do you think?
What do you recommend me???

Do you think are really a HM frameset or not?

Regarding this link:
https://epic-cycles.co.uk/wp-content/up ... eights.jpg

The weight of the frame is between HM and non HM...I don't understand.

And the fork is a min High Mode.

C36

by C36

What do you include on this weight?
Just the carbon or seatclamp, dérailleur hanger, cable guides, bearings?
For the fork, that’s really heavy, mine (ok size 50) is heavy due to the white paint scheme and is around 330g (even had doubts to be HM...) but this one is really too too heavy to be a HM version

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

MichaelK

by MichaelK

C36 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:02 pm
God I hope that's everything. My SS Evo HM frame, seatpost clamp, headset, bottom bracket, bottle cage bolts, mech hanger and frame hardware comes to 925g.

MAJ

by MAJ

Without bolts, without headpost clamp, cable guides, bottom bracket...

The fork also clean, without anything, but uncutted.

I speak about disk version.

Is there any mark, or logo that indicates that the fork or the frame is a HM version? Because the frame and the fork didn't have any HM indication I'm any part.
On the other hand I attach the picture of official Cannondale versión according the serial number of the frame.

Do you have any of you a direct contact to Cannondale by mail ?? in order to ask them regarding this matter.

It's a pity loose this project for this reason I really like the frame that is classic geometry in a new bike aero worldImageImageImageImageImage

MAJ

by MAJ

MichaelK wrote:
C36 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:02 pm
God I hope that's everything. My SS Evo HM frame, seatpost clamp, headset, bottom bracket, bottle cage bolts, mech hanger and frame hardware comes to 925g.
What size? Disc version?

My frame is 54 size

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MAJ

by MAJ

So Bike24 have confirmed me that the fork is a non HM wuay, they didn't indicated HM on the frame description, so I can't demand a changement by a HM version.

So I think the only thing I can do is to propose them to can change me this fork for the HM version, even if I have to pay the difference!

Obviously the price was a real bargain but anyway I have bought it for do a light bike, and at the moment I have 150extra grams.Image

Last edited by MAJ on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.