Factor Vista CHPT3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

guyc wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:23 am
Cool - saw on Insta that you were loving it but missed that there were two!
Indeed. A few WW changes to come on the rim brake one; and I'd like to try and find a 58cm SLR version to try... but that's all a different story!

guyc

by guyc

Looking forward to seeing them. I’m of the opinion that for most people on regular roads this sort of bike is pretty much ideal.

by Weenie

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

This is a problem in its own right, as it turns out:
RichTheRoadie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:22 am
It's built into the DA front mech - see pic below:

I wanted to run 12-speed Campag Super Record disc on it (which I also have on review) but I couldn’t because the frame will only take full length outers and has no cable stop - the Shimano setup gets around this, but Campagnolo doesn’t have the same solution.

Calnago

by Calnago

Well, at least I learned that Shimano has a stop for full cable housing at the derailleur, even though I can’t really see it in the pic very well. I’ll need to have a look at that next time I have a 9100 setup in the house. Thing is, I’ve never had occasion to use it as this is the first bike I’ve seen without a stop happening well before the derailleur. And as a Campy guy, omitting such a necessary piece as a simple cable stop makes this frame a non starter for a mechanical Campy (SRAM too I suspect) build. Seems like a huge oversight on their part, or maybe they just didn’t even think about a mechanical install very hard, or at all.
Last edited by Calnago on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Calnago wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:24 pm
Seems like a huge oversight on their part, or maybe they just didn’t even think about a mechanical install very hard, or at all.
Very much an afterthought, IMHO. A simple cable stop would have been easy to add in, but I believe they basically intend the bike to be setup with electronics.

Damn shame too - the 12spd Campag kit would have suited this really well...