Festka Scalatore (raw carbon/menthol gradient)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Build and shakedown ride video up on YouTube (shot by a very talented friend in Japan) Image

https://youtu.be/zklPh1hEPP8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Probably the best video of this type I've ever seen.

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

Love Rides of Japan's videos - wry humour, great fun, beautifully edited. And this makes me want a Scalatore. Excellent stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pieke

by Pieke

I saw this pop up in my YouTube subscription feed and after a few seconds I was like:"hey! I know this frame". Quickly checked this topic to find out you had just posted about this video.
Great video, beautiful bike! Next step, sub 6kg?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pieke on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vermu

by Vermu

Absolutely loving this bike. Great to up it even more!
Makes me want one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nicely done. Really like the bike but I’d be a little concerned about that carbon brazeon... it just seems like it’d be way too flimsy for today’s powerful derailleurs.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

prebsy

by prebsy

xDOMx wrote:Build and shakedown ride video up on YouTube (shot by a very talented friend in Japan) Image

Just watched as well I knew the bike looked familiar from the forum. Any reason you went dzero and xpedos vs some assiomas and a red crank? The build is insanely gorgeous surely that had to factor into the decision as this isn't close up the best platform for a light Hill climb / everyday bike. All that said it's a beut and I hope it's featured more on ROJ's channel

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

flying

by flying

Very nice bike/build & video was great! :thumbup:

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Pieke wrote:I saw this pop up in my YouTube subscription feed and after a few seconds I was like:"hey! I know this frame". Quickly checked this topic to find out you had just posted about this video.
Great video, beautiful bike! Next step, sub 6kg?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Sub-6kg isn’t on my immediate radar, as it currently rides very well as it is, but maybe in the future I’ll try to shave the additional 170-200g!

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Calnago wrote:Nicely done. Really like the bike but I’d be a little concerned about that carbon brazeon... it just seems like it’d be way too flimsy for today’s powerful derailleurs.
I see your point and I had that concern until I researched quite a few different options and looked for feedback as to reliability, stiffness, etc. The Carbonice came out with no negative reviews (that I found), so fingers crossed it does what it has done for those others.

xDOMx

by xDOMx

prebsy wrote:
xDOMx wrote:Build and shakedown ride video up on YouTube (shot by a very talented friend in Japan) Image

Just watched as well I knew the bike looked familiar from the forum. Any reason you went dzero and xpedos vs some assiomas and a red crank? The build is insanely gorgeous surely that had to factor into the decision as this isn't close up the best platform for a light Hill climb / everyday bike. All that said it's a beut and I hope it's featured more on ROJ's channel

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thank you for the compliments.

To be honest, it’s a power meter I had on another bike and I didn’t want to buy another. Also, the pedals were relatively reasonably priced compared to heavier counterparts, so I thought I’d try them.

I should say, I’ve not a problem with my Quarq PM so far, so I thought it best to continue on with it.

Never say never for different configurations in the future, though.

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Thanks all for so much positive feedback on the video and the bike.

I can’t praise Tobias (RidesOfJapan) enough and, as he’s a regular riding partner, I hope the bike will end up on his channel more in the future.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

That video is awesome.

Mind if I inquire about the wet sanding of the seatpost? Does the car wax essentially replace having a clearcoat? I've debated, off and on, sanding all the logo/decal stuff off my Red cranks for like a year but part of my hesitation is not wanting to re-clear them.

xDOMx

by xDOMx

jbaillie wrote:That video is awesome.

Mind if I inquire about the wet sanding of the seatpost? Does the car wax essentially replace having a clearcoat? I've debated, off and on, sanding all the logo/decal stuff off my Red cranks for like a year but part of my hesitation is not wanting to re-clear them.
There’s a lot of debate about how much you do or don’t need UV protection for carbon (which I wouldn’t want to get into), but the car wax is meant to have that kind of effect in this case.

Not sure how comfortable I would be having no clear coat on other parts, but it felt appropriate for the seatpost.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

A really first class bike in all regards. And it's nice to see that it is owned by someone who nows how to ride. You're a proper cyclist right down to your lack of upper body strength. (Although I am a little concerned at your proficiency in removing the graphics from the seat post. :lol: )
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com