Cervélo R3 6,5kg by Nozes: WW on a budget

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nozes

by Nozes

The lastest spear thrown on the battle against weight:

J&L PF 4130 ceramic bottom bracket, 27 US$ on ebay,58 grams including shims.

This will allow me to save around 30 grams and getting this build below the 6,3kg mark.
It's another component that I'm not expecting much from. The weight saving comparing to other BB's comes from diminutive bearings,that should't last very long. Not really a problem for me: I'm not heavy (68kg),powerful or ride this bike enough to wear it in a short period of time.

Last week I finally returned to riding after 3 months off,and could take the first impressions on the new ZTTO cassete. Coming from a Ultegra,I've found it much more noisy and not as smooth,just as I expected. Not really problems in my book. It works,it's light,it's cheap.

But not all is fun and games,it never is. My SRAM Red (10 speed) front derailleur refuses to work properly with my set up. When I put it on I didn't really found any problem,but after trying to adjust it before the first ride it wouldn't work no matter what I did to it. Looking closer,it is not a compact front derailleur,so my 48-34 chainrings will not work with it. I'm now back with the 105 5800 (87gr with ti bolts) while I wait for a SRAM Rival Yaw,about 10 grams lighter than the 105 and with supposedly less chain rub.

by Weenie