Focus Izalco Max - Swiss Style

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: maxim809, MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

User avatar
cjnl
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:01 pm

by cjnl

You were right. After sanding and adding the matte clearcoat the frame weight dropped from 773 to 659 (including hanger) and the fork from 302 to 295 (286 after cutting it to the correct length).

How are you doing? The weather will soon be good enough for the maiden ride.

by Weenie


User avatar
crux
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by crux

Great to hear that you could save so much weight :)
I continued the work last week and will finish it in about 2-3 weeks.
The weather here in Switzerland isn't the best at the moment. so I'll have enough time to build it up

coreyaugustus
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:09 pm
Location: NoVA

by coreyaugustus

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Subscribed.

Catagory6
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:36 am

by Catagory6

cjnl wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 pm
Yesterday I bought the same bike, size 54. 7.800 grams including pedals. :shock: What a waste!

I'll take it apart soon, but I wanted to ride it a few times to be certain of the correct fit: stem length, Darimo seat post, etc.

I am really curious about the weight savings you'll get from sanding. Not sure if it is worth all the trouble.

As it is now:
IMG_0182.jpg
strange
my Izalco comes in at 6.6 with look keo pedals (250g), without going to any heroics with WW parts
frame with cage bolts, RD hanger, seat collar was 777g

User avatar
crux
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:20 pm
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

by crux

Catagory6 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:39 pm
cjnl wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 pm
Yesterday I bought the same bike, size 54. 7.800 grams including pedals. :shock: What a waste!

I'll take it apart soon, but I wanted to ride it a few times to be certain of the correct fit: stem length, Darimo seat post, etc.

I am really curious about the weight savings you'll get from sanding. Not sure if it is worth all the trouble.

As it is now:
IMG_0182.jpg
strange
my Izalco comes in at 6.6 with look keo pedals (250g), without going to any heroics with WW parts
frame with cage bolts, RD hanger, seat collar was 777g
Hmm interesting... Whichwheels and groupset are on your bike?

Catagory6
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:36 am

by Catagory6

crux wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Catagory6 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:39 pm
cjnl wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:56 pm
Yesterday I bought the same bike, size 54. 7.800 grams including pedals. :shock: What a waste!

I'll take it apart soon, but I wanted to ride it a few times to be certain of the correct fit: stem length, Darimo seat post, etc.

I am really curious about the weight savings you'll get from sanding. Not sure if it is worth all the trouble.

As it is now:
IMG_0182.jpg
strange
my Izalco comes in at 6.6 with look keo pedals (250g), without going to any heroics with WW parts
frame with cage bolts, RD hanger, seat collar was 777g
Hmm interesting... Whichwheels and groupset are on your bike?
chorus 11
wheels are pacenti a23/forza 18/28, white ind front hub, 240 rear
i have a build report. switched out a few things since then, but nothing major
deda superleggero bars and post.
arione kium

rexyi1990
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

by rexyi1990

super lightweight frameset

User avatar
cjnl
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:01 pm

by cjnl

Catagory6 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 am
crux wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Catagory6 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:39 pm
strange
my Izalco comes in at 6.6 with look keo pedals (250g), without going to any heroics with WW parts
frame with cage bolts, RD hanger, seat collar was 777g
Hmm interesting... Whichwheels and groupset are on your bike?
chorus 11
wheels are pacenti a23/forza 18/28, white ind front hub, 240 rear
i have a build report. switched out a few things since then, but nothing major
deda superleggero bars and post.
arione kium
The starting weight I was referring to, was the Ultegra version that can be found in the shops. That was the reason why I said: what a waste of a lightweight frame. In a way, you are saying the same thing... even without WW parts you can get a low total weight. BTW the weight dropped to 5.4: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156035

Post Reply