Project: Lightspeed Gravel eTap AXS

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MartinCzernik

by MartinCzernik

delete
Last edited by MartinCzernik on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Czernik
Stockholm Sweden

2019 Litespeed Gravel eTap AXS
2018 TREK Top Fuel 9.8 SL AXS
2017 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR AXS

cerro

by cerro

Now the nordic distributor started to sell the AXS parts separately so :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MartinCzernik

by MartinCzernik

delete
Last edited by MartinCzernik on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Czernik
Stockholm Sweden

MartinCzernik

by MartinCzernik

delete
Last edited by MartinCzernik on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Czernik
Stockholm Sweden

MartinCzernik

by MartinCzernik

delete
Last edited by MartinCzernik on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Czernik
Stockholm Sweden

jever98

by jever98

Nice! Can't wait to see it built. The only thing that strikes me a bit out of character for the build are the wheels - they seem a bit "downmarket" compared to everything else.
----
No longer in the industry

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ I kinda agree.. if you were closer I'd let you try my Enve G27's :)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

MartinCzernik

by MartinCzernik

delete
Last edited by MartinCzernik on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Czernik
Stockholm Sweden

MartinCzernik

by MartinCzernik

delete
Last edited by MartinCzernik on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Czernik
Stockholm Sweden

corky

by corky

Let’s hope the creeks don’t ......😀

jever98

by jever98

MartinCzernik wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:54 am
Well, HUNT delivers the kind of durabillity and versatility I´m looking for at an unbeatable price.

But if you any suggestions, please post them here please
jever98 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:20 am
Nice! Can't wait to see it built. The only thing that strikes me a bit out of character for the build are the wheels - they seem a bit "downmarket" compared to everything else.
Why I don't care particularly for hunt wheels (or similar ones from other brands) is that they use Novatec hubs (or similar), which I have found to be somewhat ...meh. I also found the wheel building quality less impressive than that of reliable wheelbuilders.

When we built a gravel bike for my wife, we went for DT Swiss 240 hubs with Sapim spokes and Newmen Evolution SL AX 25 650b rims. I don't recall the weight exactly anymore, but judging by the rim weight they should be below 1500g. I had them built by German-Lightness (Thomas Wilhelm), who offered them at a very reasonable price, not more expensive than the Hunt wheels. You could save even more weight by going with hubs like Carbon Ti (which I have on my road bike, also nice, but a lot louder than DT Swiss).

If you wanted to go even lighter and more exclusive, there a lot of carbon rims out there that should work well. With 650B tires I presume you want to run a wide tire, so MTB rims should work well, as you won't need a high tire pressure.
----
No longer in the industry

nickf

by nickf

If going for a budget wheel might as well save more money and go to farsports. I have had great luck so far with my 35x28 wheels with novatec hubs and cxray spokes. 1380ish grams. Under $700 delivered. Hunt you are paying extra for a slick website.

The build is coming along nicely. Those cranks are drool-worthy.

izza

by izza

MartinCzernik wrote:Well, HUNT delivers the kind of durabillity and versatility I´m looking for at an unbeatable price.

jever98 wrote:
My tuppence - Avoid Hunt wheels like the plague if you are going tubeless.

My LBS now turning them away if tubeless fitting requested. Their rim tolerances are so poor, a job that should take 5-10 minutes takes hours.

Commercial decision - If you have the time and don’t mind splattering your kitchen floor in sealant it’s your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point

by Point

izza wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:26 pm
MartinCzernik wrote:Well, HUNT delivers the kind of durabillity and versatility I´m looking for at an unbeatable price.

jever98 wrote:
My tuppence - Avoid Hunt wheels like the plague if you are going tubeless.

My LBS now turning them away if tubeless fitting requested. Their rim tolerances are so poor, a job that should take 5-10 minutes takes hours.

Commercial decision - If you have the time and don’t mind splattering your kitchen floor in sealant it’s your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've had absolutely no issues with mine. What model where you using? I've fitted tubeless to two different Hunt 4 Season Gravel wheelsets now with ease.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WinterRider

by WinterRider

"My tuppence - Avoid Hunt wheels like the plague if you are going tubeless.

Commercial decision - If you have the time and don’t mind splattering your kitchen floor in sealant it’s your choice."

My angle... your LBS. I'm a fan of all of them.. I do see many changes 'in the back' where the wrenches turn. Often I see very green hands.. that are slow/do not want to learn. Management might be sitting on 'specs'.. which can often be chicken poo. But then their 'buddy' comes in and heaven and earth moves to please them.

Crapping on a wheel brand 'second hand' opine... --->post a specific spec/issue/complaint w their tubeless application.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.